Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Chelsea v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    My point being we wouldn’t have played Gakpo in midfield 19.
    Should have started Jones

Very fucked up that after being our best No9 last season Gakpo has been relegated to third choice for the position, another of Jurgen's failures to follow the thread

Diaz Gakpo Salah should be the front 3 with Nunez getting some starts or coming on at LFWD where he's been most effective with Gakpo and Salah
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Smacks of playing midfielders at CB when we were short there. Jones has been ok so I really don’t know why we would use our best CF in his place. Didn’t make sense to me at all.

A point at the bridge first game of the season isn't the worst result.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Poor pressing and positioning all round, for their goal we failed to clear effectively and weren't set up right that they had a man free just outside the box

Second point, it's a heavy bias against Trent to try and apportion blame to him for an offside goal that was offside because Trent stepped up to play him off it's actually ridiculous tbh, he saw the run and played him off
    There was nobody marking the goalscorer, as you saw it ?

It's a tight call, just thought those were chelsea's best 2 chances to score.

Trent lost both finishers as I saw it.

Smacks of playing midfielders at CB when we were short there. Jones has been ok so I really don’t know why we would use our best CF in his place. Didn’t make sense to me at all.
    It was pure arrogance to think he'd get away with it against a main rival. Why would you use a forward in midfield when you have a fit midfielder? I'm not Jones' biggest fan but he should have started yesterday and hopefully that ridiculous lineup will be no more going forward.
    We don't need Jota,Diaz and Gakpo in the same team. One has to sit out probably between Diaz and Jota I think.

I saw the final pre season game at Preston, didn’t work against a German second tier team so it was never going to work away at Chelsea

This is why i wasn't having the 'no blame whatsoever on Jurgen' bs, because he made a series of simply woeful, off key decisions last season and since we won the title

I immediately called for us to use the actual available CBs we had in 20-21 citing they'd be better protected by the press in front of them

Gakpo should absolutely be our first choice No9, his pressing and positioning would have helped the midfield immensely and his link play, movement and finishing, all far superior to Jota's helped our forwards and XG

Not starting Gakpo at No9 was another glaring example of Klopp's seeming complete inability to follow the thread of how the team has developed over a No of games
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Gakpo started at number 9 jesussss he was forced backwards like lot of the team because we lost the ball for most of the second half.. Klopp was hoping we'd get away with Jota and Szoboszlai playing in behind him.
    Its not easy when you haven't got possession.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Gakpo started at number 9 jesussss he was forced backwards like lot of the team because we lost the ball for most of the second half.. Klopp was hoping we'd get away with Jota and Szoboszlai playing in behind him.
    It’s not easy when you haven't got possession.
    Jota was 9 I thought

Yep