Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dominik Szoboszlai

Dominik Szoboszlai

This young gentleman deserves his own thread. I've posted enough videos of him in the Liverpool Transfer thread.
    Big Dom ticks all the boxes for a midfielder and it goes to show what you can get when the purse strings are untightened a little. Ya hear FSG..?

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Don't be a creeper!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Don't Fear the Creeper

That performance was Gerrard esque

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    That performance was Gerrard esque
    I thought that, but didn't want to tempt fate, lol...

When we planned the (sadly failed) midfield succession/transition, we would have thought that our two further-forward mids would have been 28 (Keita) and 30 (Ox) at this stage - still with years in the tank to be part of our main set-up going forward, whilst we integrated youth and explored the transfer market.

Needless to say it didn't work out. Szoboszlai is his own man and I am reluctant to compare him to other players, but he is showing early signs of doing for us what we would have hoped we were getting from Naby.

He looks excellent, really does. Long may that continue.

Our most cohesive midfield under Klopp was that of Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum. I say cohesive and not "best" as I actually feel Mac Allister and Szoboszlai are more "talented" than a couple of those lads, but that doesn't necessarily translate into "better" - the old adage of lads carrying the piano while someone plays and all that jazz.

If Mac Allister/Szoboszlai/Endo manages to reach even 70% of the cohesion of that previous Klopp midfield then we'll be off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    When we planned the (sadly failed) midfield succession/transition, we would have thought that our two further-forward mids would have been 28 (Keita) and 30 (Ox) at this stage - still with years in the tank to be part of our main set-up going forward, whilst we integrated youth and explored the transfer market.

Needless to say it didn't work out. Szoboszlai is his own man and I am reluctant to compare him to other players, but he is showing early signs of doing for us what we would have hoped we were getting from Naby.

He looks excellent, really does. Long may that continue.

Our most cohesive midfield under Klopp was that of Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum. I say cohesive and not "best" as I actually feel Mac Allister and Szoboszlai are more "talented" than a couple of those lads, but that doesn't necessarily translate into "better" - the old adage of lads carrying the piano while someone plays and all that jazz.

If Mac Allister/Szoboszlai/Endo manages to reach even 70% of the cohesion of that previous Klopp midfield then we'll be off to a good start.
    Can't believe Keita's still only 28!

Szboszlai and Maca both look very good. Really seem like top quality players. Great to see. Gives a bit of hope after a lot of disappointment recently. If we could get an upgrade on Endo as well, I think we'd have the makings of a decent rebuild. Presumably Klopp will tackle the defence next summer. Encouraging signs so far.

Biggest disappointment so far from the rebuild is probably Nunez. Need to see much more from him.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I thought that, but didn't want to tempt fate, lol...
    I also thought that but didn't want to say it. I think Gerrard is his role model tbh

He's had a great start for us, plus he can run all bloody day by the looks of it as well.

Looks a terrific buy