Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dominik Szoboszlai

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Some of his stats from his time at Leipzig are very interesting, particularly in terms of how we play.

Last season we had something like 368 turnovers in the opposition's final third from hunting high, with only Arsenal getting more - think it was 388.
    It's a meaningless stat unless you are scoring from winning it high, you know, the purpose of doing it, we've never done it better than 19-20 there were more, but the goals to win away v Spurs and Wolves were spectacularly brilliant examples of it being done to perfection
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's a meaningless stat unless you are scoring from winning it high
    Indeed, which is why I went on to elaborate, but will do so slightly further.

Liverpool as a collective were 15th last season in the League in terms of turning those opportunities (ball won high) into goals.

Szoboszlai as an individual was 3rd in the entire Bundesliga for turning those opportunities into goals.

So with a little bit of luck he's going to help us out somewhat in that department and if other players like Núñez, Diaz, Gakpo, Mac Allister can help (?) then it should be a percentage gain for us - but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Indeed, which is why I went on to elaborate, but will do so slightly further.

Liverpool as a collective were 15th last season in the League in terms of turning those opportunities (ball won high) into goals.

Szoboszlai as an individual was 3rd in the entire Bundesliga for turning those opportunities into goals.

So with a little bit of luck he's going to help us out somewhat in that department and if other players like Núñez, Diaz, Gakpo, Mac Allister can help (?) then it should be a percentage gain for us - but we will see.
    I'd be surprised if he makes much difference as why we converted a much higher percentage into goals and chances in 19-20 was the overall positioning, understanding and awareness, keeping the opposition penned in with no outball, brilliant combined positioning so we waited for the right time to nick it back, still quickly but not by 3 or 4 players all quickly converging on their player like last season, when we got played through trying that almost as much as we won it, then with a group of players all condensed into the same area with none in space we more often than not ended up going backwards

Jurgen Klopp on Dominik Szoboszlai -

"All four games, pretty impressive. Tactically smart, absolutely ready for the dirty part of the game, really hard-working. He is so important. And what a goal, it was the cleanest strike I have seen for a long time. Top performance."

He looks like he could be fantastic for us to be fair.

Closest thing to Stevie we’re ever likely to get.

Early days obviously but he definitely looks to have real quality. He's been impressive in all four games.

He was a bit better defensively today

I knew when i opened this thread that 19x would be the most critical

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Henderson was so much better man.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Swap transfer for twentyX needed badly...