Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Europa League Draw

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Cheers Sid… Didn’t know about that.

2 less games - could make a big difference come the end of the season. IF we are in the mix for the top spot
    It's definitely significant - whether we are challenging for the title, rescuing a flopped January/February spell to get back into the Champion's League spots (eeesh) or are progressing through the FA Cup, or simply managing an injury list - 2 less games is useful whatever the circumstances.

When we enter a season my priority is always -

- League
    - Champion's League or Europa (whichever one we are in)
    - FA Cup
    - League Cup

- though the bottom two tend to swap around in terms of my desire to win them if we progress in the League Cup. Now that we are in the quarters (just 2 matches away from the Final) it has become priority to me over the FA Cup - I definitely get more invested in the two Domestic trophies the further we go in. Hopefully we field youth/fringe in the FA Cup and if we manage to progress then great, but not too arsed if are knocked out early and have less fixtures given what we want to achieve in the League this season.

Unless there is a monumental collapse in the second leg, we are through to the last eight of this.

Would love to avoid De Rossi's resurgent Roma for now and would love to avoid Bayer Leverkusen as well as I dream of us playing them in the Final.

Wouldn't mind playing the winner of Benfica v Rangers.

AC Milan
    Atalanta
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Benfica
    Liverpool
    Marseille
    Roma
    West Ham

We'll find out tomorrow. I'd like Benfica or Marseille there.

Don’t want Leverkusen or Mourinho. Then West Ham, Milan, Atalanta, Benfica and Marseille my favourite draw

I'm confident we'd take any of them over two legs so not worried who we get.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Don’t want Leverkusen or Mourinho.
    I don’t want Leverkusen but I reckon we could put a few past Jose

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Don’t want Leverkusen or Mourinho. Then West Ham, Milan, Atalanta, Benfica and Marseille my favourite draw
    Mourinho isn't managing Roma now miller - he got sacked. They replaced him with Daniele De Rossi (Italian defensive mid who always looked hungover) and they have been doing well under him - he's been getting a lot of praise as a tactician and they have had great results. Time will tell if it's new Manager bounce or something more.

I don't want Roma purely for the safety of our travelling fans.

Arsenal get Bayern and Man City play Real Madrid. The winner of each tie to play in the semi final.

Fantastic outcome for us, four hard games against top opposition for our rivals, if they get that far.....

Quote Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
    Arsenal get Bayern and Man City play Real Madrid. The winner of each tie to play in the semi final.

Fantastic outcome for us, four hard games against top opposition for our rivals, if they get that far.....
    haha great I think arsenal may get past Bayern, same with city & real.... if city beat real I think they win it.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th March 2024 at 12:36 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasier View Post

Yep that's a decent outcome.