Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The midfield makeover

The midfield makeover

Is what do yous think ? One thing I've noticed is that these lads will run all day compared to last season. I'm excited for this season now !!

Long overdue really!!

Imagine it with salah mane and Firmino!!

too early to say that though i guess.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Big performances today from the new lads, very encouraging for the coming season.

Yeah early days but we do make a lot of good decisions regarding purchases. Id rather have Mac Allister over Caicedo any day.. I know Macca is playing the deep role.but he does move the ball well.. whos to says Mac Allister didnt make Caicedo look good.
    Secondly what a signing Szoboszlai is,. i think hes more suited than Bellingham would have been.. in this league.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

i guess 1-1 will be a good result for us...... expecting arsenal to win still tho
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Early days, very happy we've got Gravenberch too, i bemoaned the Jurgen enforcedloss of the fluid 3 that evolved in 19-20 forever, now we have 3 versatile midfielders, 2 of them box to box athletic machines and it's promising that we could increasingly see a more fluid 3 as the season progresses

As i frequently stated we needed a more mobile player at No6 who read it like and was an actual midfielder, whose positioning, direction of others and ability to interchange with them was necessary and it didn't necessarily have to be an out and out DM especially as most lack the passing we need and Mac demonstrated exactly that today in combination with Szlobo and Jones

If the positioning and reading of it is right, you don't need players diving around throwing themselves into tackles and the top class tricks like nicking off a players toes toe poking it to one of ours then develop on top of that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Early days, very happy we've got Gravenberch too, i bemoaned the Jurgen enforcedloss of the fluid 3 that evolved in 19-20 forever, now we have 3 versatile midfielders, 2 of them box to box athletic machines and it's promising that we could increasingly see a more fluid 3 as the season progresses

As i frequently stated we needed a more mobile player at No6 who read it like and was an actual midfielder, whose positioning, direction of others and ability to interchange with them was necessary and it didn't necessarily have to be an out and out DM especially as most lack the passing we need and Mac demonstrated exactly that today in combination with Szlobo and Jones

If the positioning and reading of it is right, you don't need players diving around throwing themselves into tackles and the top class tricks like nicking off a players toes toe poking it to one of ours then develop on top of that
    What's your best 11 for 433 19X style?

When we signed Szoboszlai and Macca I anticipated Henderson and Fabinho remaining with experience. So far I'm very relieved that we have ditched them as they were too immobile and washed up

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What's your best 11 for 433 19X style?
    If we continue developing Nunez as it thought we bought him to there were signs of today and depending on opposition as to whether we think we'll need more legs from No9 to supplement midfield

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Szlobo Mac Allister Gravenberch

Salah Nunez/Gakpo Diaz

I'd expect that midfield 3 to become more fluid and in conjunction with our full backs, facilitating both Trent and Robbo bombing on andi n keeping width wide at times facilitating Trent's forays into CM and Gravenberch and Mac to interchange pretty freely between LCM and No6

It absolutely has everything it needs to be everything i wanted our evolution to be since 19-20 with time and the right games drills coaching with enough micromanagement at first to instill patterns, interchanging, movement and triggers for that for the players to then expand on naturally between them

@CCTV

I guess you'll also like this and there'll undoubtedly be spells we sit in a 4231 without needing to change personnel

As everyone most likely understands now after 3 seasons of devolution and not making the most of what we had and my being an insufferable pain in the arse, i love evolution and the potential for it being there and get very frustrated and annoyed at it being fucked up or going backwards and the breaking and discarding of things that not only worked brilliantly but still had enormous untapped potential for further evolution

Like when you develop a highly sophisticated, evolved, targetted, pipeline consultative sales campaign given free reign to run it like your own business and some neanderthal 70's throw enough shit at it some will stick dinosaur called Hollands who hasn't a fucking clue what you've created is or that you created it, not his predecessor who gave you free reign comes in and completely fucks with the program