Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Aston Villa

Villa were terrible but how much of that was us being good?

Who knows. 10 points 4 games away at Chelsea and Newcastle already. very good. keep it going lads - great win

What great signings Macca and Szoboslai.
    Joe Gomez had his best Liverpool game for years.
    Quansah...I don't think he ever puts a foot wrong, I would like to see how he does in a cauldron against a really good team.

That was a great performance especially from Suzbo and Mac in the midfield.
    MacAllister would remind me of Xabi Alonso.

Fantastic start to season. We are going to absolutely muller teams once we get a bit more cohesion from playing together. Squeaky bum time now coming into the international break. The spurs game at the end of the month will be huge to judge where we are. The greek aussie has them as a good watch in fairness.

Bumming administered

Press a lot better today from when my stream was working

Communication, Mac directing the other lads on a few occasions, Mac and Szlobo head on swivel scanning more

Players taking width to get Trent into midfield and Trent going between RB and midfield taking shape a bit more

Stream was stop start at times, but I had Mac as MOTM on what I viewed, organised it, used it well, pressed well and held his position when he needed to picking up his man

A bit of progress being made
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Villa were terrible but how much of that was us being good?

Who knows. 10 points 4 games away at Chelsea and Newcastle already. very good. keep it going lads - great win
    You have a point, I do think Villa might be struggling away from home though. I'm pleasently surprised at our start but not getting carried away as Chelsea and Newcastle could easily have been defeats. Credit to the lads though, the midfield is still finding its feet but improving with each game.

Considering we had an almost completely different set of midfielders at the start of the summer I think we have to be happy so far. I honestly don’t miss the plodding and endless back/side passing from Hendo and Fab. Much more dynamic like we were in 2018-2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Bumming administered

Press a lot better today from when my stream was working

Communication, Mac directing the other lads on a few occasions, Mac and Szlobo head on swivel scanning more

Players taking width to get Trent into midfield and Trent going between RB and midfield taking shape a bit more

Stream was stop start at times, but I had Mac as MOTM on what I viewed, organised it, used it well, pressed well and held his position when he needed to picking up his man

A bit of progress being made
    Good to see you're off the drugs. 🤣🤣

Agree with all of that.

I'm impressed that it actually looks like there's some coaching, involving drills for the movement and interchanging and a bit of necessary micro management that I have never associated with Jurgen or our coaches going on

Forgot to mention Nunez, missed a couple again, but his integration looked like that had been given some log overdue work today, he actually did more of how I expected us to use him when we signed him, some nice movement through the positions at times, it's how I thought we'd use him, and a welcome change to the start of last season when we just kept relentlessly banging balls into the box at him to try and attack
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We looked 2nd/3rd gear. Villa were shite. They were unlike a Emery team.

Overall 3 of the tougher games we have this season. 7pts from them. Good solid start and we are not even clicking.