Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Aston Villa

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    any news on Trents injury?? at least theres 2 weeks off now.. he dont have to play for the mouthgate and get fit for the wolves match
    Klopp said it was a hamstring injury. Won't know more until he gets a scan.

We need to be careful with this and don't rush him. He more than likely won't be going with England now do a 2 week break.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post

We need to be careful with this and don't rush him. He more than likely won't be going with England now do a 2 week break.
    Our next two games are Wolves and LASK I think?

We should surely be able to "get by" with some sort of emergency option - even if it was Tsimikas at left-back, Robbo at right-back or something daft - given that the rest of the side is functioning pretty well, rather than posing any risk to Trent.

We have an attack that will be potent on its day and early signs of a very cohesive midfield. I don't think I have seen any posts saying "God, we really miss Fabinho" or "shit, we really could have done with Henderson in that match" and that bodes well (early, early, early days mind you!) for us going forward that we are looking forward rather than back.

Having so much positivity going forward should be able to counter any deficiency at the other end while we get ourselves sorted - especially if we keep scoring goals.

Pretty sure Konate will be back after the break, allowing Gomez to cover at RB

Gomez has been great lately in my opinion- I'm not sure he should get dropped straight away from CB if TAA is fit, give him a chance, Konate doesn't exactly fill me with confidence to be honest
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Pretty sure Konate will be back after the break, allowing Gomez to cover at RB
    Yes, I think this will be the solution. IF Konate is back. If not I think Quansah starts with gomez at right full.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Our next two games are Wolves and LASK I think?

We should surely be able to "get by" with some sort of emergency option - even if it was Tsimikas at left-back, Robbo at right-back or something daft - given that the rest of the side is functioning pretty well, rather than posing any risk to Trent.

We have an attack that will be potent on its day and early signs of a very cohesive midfield. I don't think I have seen any posts saying "God, we really miss Fabinho" or "shit, we really could have done with Henderson in that match" and that bodes well (early, early, early days mind you!) for us going forward that we are looking forward rather than back.

Having so much positivity going forward should be able to counter any deficiency at the other end while we get ourselves sorted - especially if we keep scoring goals.
    True sid but are this games the same week? Hamstrings need time. So if he was to miss those that week, he would probably out for West ham as well. Hopefully just a tweak and a 2 to 3 week rest sorts it.

If its a strain he could be anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post

Ok thanks, don't sound to serious then
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century