Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saudi’s bid for Mo Salah has a Ryan Reynolds style marketing feel to it,.,

Saudi’s bid for Mo Salah has a Ryan Reynolds style marketing feel to it,.,

Is there a better way to get Saudi football front and centre on the worldwide footballing stage than, making an outrageous deadline day bid for Mo Salah…. I think this was viewed as definite win / win marketing opportunity.

So if Liverpool accept their first bid, fantastic result for Saudi football and it will without doubt cause massive waves in World football that Saudi football have managed to successfully sign Salah, one of the Worlds best players from Liverpool one of the biggest and most iconic Clubs in World football… the PR opportunity for the Saudi League for this transfer will be off the scale seismic…

However, if Liverpool do refuse their first bid, no dramas at all, the genie is well and truly out of the bottle and everybody in World football is taking about it, the discussion is now no longer about will they bid, it’s now all about, will Saudi football now improve their bid and if so, will their new revised offer for Salah be a New World record bid… and if so, will Liverpool be able to resist….

Speculation is now rife about potential revised offers, and the Saudi league is where they want to be…front and centre on the World footballing stage…

Now, if Liverpool do receive a World record bid and reluctantly decide to accept their revised offer, as mentioned previously, it will not only cause massive waves in World football that Saudi football have managed to successfully sign one of the Worlds best players from Liverpool one of the biggest and most iconic Clubs in World football but also everyone will be discussing their World record bid… once again the PR opportunity for the Saudi League will be simply off the scale seismic…

Even if Liverpool do manage to resist all the offers put on the table this window, the question on everyone's lips now will be, what’s going to happen in the January transfer window…. This will provide Saudi football with a 4 month PR opportunity that I am sure they will relish and absolutely exploit to the max…

Imho, a classic Ryan Reynolds win/ win marketing strategy, executed to perfection…

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Is there a better way to get Saudi football front and centre on the worldwide footballing stage than, making an outrageous deadline day bid for Mo Salah…. I think this was viewed as definite win / win marketing opportunity.

So if Liverpool accept their first bid, fantastic result for Saudi football and it will without doubt cause massive waves in World football that Saudi football have managed to successfully sign Salah, one of the Worlds best players from Liverpool one of the biggest and most iconic Clubs in World football… the PR opportunity for the Saudi League for this transfer will be off the scale seismic…

However, if Liverpool do refuse their first bid, no dramas at all, the genie is well and truly out of the bottle and everybody in World football is taking about it, the discussion is now no longer about will they bid, it’s now all about, will Saudi football now improve their bid and if so, will their new revised offer for Salah be a New World record bid… and if so, will Liverpool be able to resist….

Speculation is now rife about potential revised offers, and the Saudi league is where they want to be…front and centre on the World footballing stage…

Now, if Liverpool do receive a World record bid and reluctantly decide to accept their revised offer, as mentioned previously, it will not only cause massive waves in World football that Saudi football have managed to successfully sign one of the Worlds best players from Liverpool one of the biggest and most iconic Clubs in World football but also everyone will be discussing their World record bid… once again the PR opportunity for the Saudi League will be simply off the scale seismic…

Even if Liverpool do manage to resist all the offers put on the table this window, the question on everyone's lips now will be, what’s going to happen in the January transfer window…. This will provide Saudi football with a 4 month PR opportunity that I am sure they will relish and absolutely exploit to the max…

Imho, a classic Ryan Reynolds win/ win marketing strategy, executed to perfection…
    Whilst agreeing with your take on the Saudhi's almost desperately wanting to sign Salah,i

think you are missing the biggest reason of all along with being a top player from Liverpool is

he is an Arab.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Whilst agreeing with your take on the Saudhi's almost desperately wanting to sign Salah,i

think you are missing the biggest reason of all along with being a top player from Liverpool is

he is an Arab.
    Technically speaking, he's an African.

(most Egyptians identify first as Africans first even though ethnically they may be Arabic - and might even get offended if you refer to them as Arabic.)

Probably the bigger unmentioned one is that he's a practicing and observant Muslim, which is an even bigger selling point in the home of Islam.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Biggest issue here imo is the amount of money this State is throwing around. There doesn't appear to be any control over their finances.
    We had Uniturd and the Rent Boys spending money like feck knows what for years. And more recently the middle East has waded in.
    First it was PSG and Jizzfest. Then Newcastle. And now the Saudi league.
    It's getting ridiculous.
    And obscene.

If the Premier League, FA, PGMOL and our pathetic media and punditry hadn't supported Man City as they have, and had enforced FFP and condemned their spending, Saudi never would have got the idea they could 'buy football'

All those fucks are very much responsible for where this is going
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If the Premier League, FA, PGMOL and our pathetic media and punditry hadn't supported Man City as they have, and had enforced FFP and condemned their spending, Saudi never would have got the idea they could 'buy football'

All those fucks are very much responsible for where this is going
    https://thefsa.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Technically speaking, he's an African.

(most Egyptians identify first as Africans first even though ethnically they may be Arabic - and might even get offended if you refer to them as Arabic.)

Probably the bigger unmentioned one is that he's a practicing and observant Muslim, which is an even bigger selling point in the home of Islam.
    I was deliberately referring to his football talents and status on the World stage only, agreed there are other elements / optics to this transfer that makes it SUCH a great fit for the Saudi pro league, but I chose to ignore all those those as its Salah’s talents on the field that sets him aside from all other footballers, where he was born and his religious beliefs are key but IMHO secondary to that…. maybe in retrospect, by choosing to not include these elements, subconsciously I was trying to be too PC.. and not offend anybody. Who knows, hey ho no dramas.

Yes. We mustn't forget that this isn't a club, but a state financing these clubs. We can all feel hard done by when we can't compete with individual billionaire owners, and even when clubs are backed by countries in the form of an individual, we can feel aggrieved, but when a whole states-worth of teams is being financed by the state, it feels like 'why bother worrying...'
    It just feels inevitable that they will get who they want whenever...

On a big scale map, about an inch North of Anfield
    There is one big problem for the next few years for the Saudis. No one cares about their football teams. Any player who wants to become a world star needs to play in Europe. Trophies, records and football immortality versus money? Depends on where the player is in their career but most start out dreaming of winning stuff in Europe.

For what it's worth, I reckon this is all about getting a team into the Champions League, or buying their way into and then trying to capitalise on the new FIFA 'club world cup' (given that FIFA are more 'influencable' than UEFA) rather than actually trying to win anything for now. Then we're going to have a problem.
    Last edited by Harry Threadgold; 6th September 2023 at 12:10 PM.

Tell the Saudi's we won't even consider anything less than 400m
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”