Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rugby WC La France :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Not sure how he could seek clarity? By asking Mbonambi?! He should just get on with the game.

It does seem like sour grapes. This World Cup hasn't been the friendliest or most sporting tournament.
    Maybe after the match or half time. Racism in our nation is a very sore point. The accusation is a very hurting one as the Springboks is a symbol of unity for our racially diverse and young nation.

So anyway over to a cracking final.

Irish and French defo at least deserved to be semi finalists but luck of the draw saw 4 good sides on one half, the English who always seem to turn up, Fiji I think is on the up with better support from IRB could be world cup champions in future. They posses the skill, power and passion. Imagine all their boys that play for France and All Black's and Aus turning up for Fiji.

2 great nation's. All blacks our old adversary we won but our respect for you is higher than ever.

Well done Boks.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    2 great nation's. All blacks our old adversary we won but our respect for you is higher than ever.

Well done Boks.
    Didn't get to see it live, watched it last night. Congrats to ye Boks 4 WC's from 4 finals

The wrong green cnts for me
    Ireland still...... to make a semifinal. The only team to beat the WC winners.

The all blacks will be kicking themselves after the final. South Africa started strong and rattled the kiwis. But for a red card, but for a missed conversion, and many errors, they coulda won their 4th.

South Africa entered the world cup as favorites and delivered. France, England & New Zealand in the knockout stages.

The Boks won their quarter, semi and the final all by one single point. That's some going.

The Boks won their quarter, semi and the final all by one single point. That's some going.
    Unsurprising, they're a side made for the cauldron. Always a huge emphasis on the pack and set-pieces, the fundamentals.

Still can't believe how badly NZ ballsed up the final.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Unsurprising, they're a side made for the cauldron. Always a huge emphasis on the pack and set-pieces, the fundamentals.

Still can't believe how badly NZ ballsed up the final.
    Unsurprising? I thought it was quite a remarkable stat. Has it ever been done before?

Another stat I saw was that the Bok's No. 13 played 80 minutes v England but never once touched the ball!

Unsurprising? I thought it was quite a remarkable stat. Has it ever been done before?

Another stat I saw was that the Bok's No. 13 played 80 minutes v England but never once touched the ball!
    Yeah, not shocking. It's the Boks, outside of them I could only imagine England eeking out such a feat.

No idea regards the records really....

Only 10 WC winning sides, only other 1 point win in a final
    2011 New Zealand 8 - 7 La France

Just looking it up now... but I'm betting new Zealand won both games by 2 points minimum
    QF - NZ 33 v 10 Arg
    SF - NZ 20 v 6 Aus

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Didn't get to see it live, watched it last night. Congrats to ye Boks 4 WC's from 4 finals

The wrong green cnts for me
    Ireland still...... to make a semifinal. The only team to beat the WC winners.

The all blacks will be kicking themselves after the final. South Africa started strong and rattled the kiwis. But for a red card, but for a missed conversion, and many errors, they coulda won their 4th.

South Africa entered the world cup as favorites and delivered. France, England & New Zealand in the knockout stages.
    Tnx bud. As I said French and Ireland deserved to be at least semi finalists.

England and the conditions forced thr type of game. In all 3 knock out matches we played a game to win. Against France who played unstructured we were devastating on the counter.

England the rain, the way England pressed the ruck area legally or illegally at times forced us into mistakes and then we just believed we better and had to be composed and rely on our strengths.

Against New Zealand when they walked out of the dressing room I knew we would win. They looked over focused almost stressed. Sam Cane in particular. Then when the match started and we made first few hits I knew. Same as in football 10 man very hard to beat and wd allowed them territory and ball that is why it was so close but wit 15 each we actually had them all facets.

But all 4 nations we played massive respect Ireland, France, Enhkand, All Blacks. Any could have won it.v

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    England and the conditions forced thr type of game. In all 3 knock out matches we played a game to win. Against France who played unstructured we were devastating on the counter.

England the rain, the way England pressed the ruck area legally or illegally at times forced us into mistakes and then we just believed we better and had to be composed and rely on our strengths.

Against New Zealand when they walked out of the dressing room I knew we would win. They looked over focused almost stressed. Sam Cane in particular. Then when the match started and we made first few hits I knew. Same as in football 10 man very hard to beat and wd allowed them territory and ball that is why it was so close but wit 15 each we actually had them all facets.

But all 4 nations we played massive respect Ireland, France, Enhkand, All Blacks. Any could have won it.v
    That's funny, I watched it knowing the result.

Watching it thought the kiwis blew it, think it was the first world cup they weren't favourite to win.
    They've lost a few they were favourites for, guess winning one as a dark horse had them a little too pumped.

Harsh to say the boks wouldn't have risen to the occasion had the kiwis performed better. 4 wins from 4 finals, a Jose-esque record mentality -made for finals.