Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Wolves v Liverpool

A good comeback. Szobo was different gravy second half.

I really don't like Mac at Dm though. I didn't before his first half horror show.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    A good comeback. Szobo was different gravy second half.

I really don't like Mac at Dm though. I didn't before his first half horror show.
    Agree. He's a liability and if it continues he'll cost us at some point. We got away with it first half but God knows how, he was all over the place and clearly shouldn't have started. Hoping Gravenberch will fair better in that role.
    Second half was like a different team, Klopp must have went through them. Szobo looks a real good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Hopefully Endo, Gravenberch and Jones cover there more than he does. Jones wouldn't be my first pick (prefer him as the left-sided 8) but he did DM at U21 level a fair bit for England so he could "do a job" as it were. Mac Allister can operate further up the pitch than DM and hopefully will be back to his best after some rest. Despite the result I am still so surprised he played today after playing in La Paz.

I worry a little for Mac Allister’s self confidence within the group. I may be wrong but think that is the 3rd time in 5 games he has left the pitch with us in a losing position only for us to go on to win the games without him… including the Newcastle game where we actually went down to 10 men and still reversed the score.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I worry a little for Mac Allister’s self confidence within the group. I may be wrong but think that is the 3rd time in 5 games he has left the pitch with us in a losing position only for us to go on to win the games without him… including the Newcastle game where we actually went down to 10 men and still reversed the score.
    I’d like to see him play in a midfield with Sobo and Endo. Think he’ll do better with a proper defensive partner along side.

Oh I like the look of him don’t get me wrong. Just wondering if the way things have panned out might dent his belief a little. Looks a good signing all the way

Very early days, but like our title winning squad everyone played a part, especially squad players and today we pulled through for the 3 points.
    The Harvey Elliott celebration was all of us 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh I like the look of him don’t get me wrong. Just wondering if the way things have panned out might dent his belief a little. Looks a good signing all the way
    I think he'll be alright. Has made an upward move from Brighton to Liverpool and has laid an assist in a World Cup final.

I'd be more concerned if (hypothetical) he had been bought to play the DM and was at fault for 3 losses on the spin, or a situation like being the back-up striker to a demi-God of the position (think N'gog covering when Torres was injured) or something.

The lad just needs a good game followed by a game with a goal or assist and he'll be fine.

Hope Endo starts v Lask, we should be playing a proper 6, not shoehorning someone in to “do a job”.

Just read through the whole thread. That was some turn around, even for this place !!