Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Games, September 16 to 18

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Sometimes is so nice and refreshing to see the underdog win. Unfortunately for Utd, it just wasn't to be today....
    Very good… 😉

MOTD should be enjoyable tonight. Apparently the Utd defence were all over the place.🤣🤣

But … but they have bought so many great players, how did they do today?
    £80m Maguire, £72m Sancho, ££80m Anthony… etc etc etc

Our back four today cost £9.5m.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    But … but they have bought so many great players, how did they do today?
    £80m Maguire, £72m Sancho, ££80m Anthony… etc etc etc
    Well Alan Shearer has a bit of sympathy for ten hag. If only he had money to spend Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Craig pawson is an absolutely shite referee.
    That was NEVER a pen for Newcastle, Gordon should be a marked man by all Premier League officials, he constantly dives and leaves one on players very snidely, he's an absolute shit house cunt

How VAR upheld Newcastle's penalty for contact Gordon initiated by running in their keeper throwing himself to ground only they fucking know
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Onana's a shit keeper, I never rated him when he was at Ajax under Ten Hag either, I was astonished the media were announcing the filthy signing him while getting rid of De Gea to the fanfare they were, De Gea saves all 3 Brighton goals today and the first 2 Arsenal goals in their last game too, these strikes aren't even in the corner or absolutely drilled, he's letting in things that are routinely saved by most Premier League keepers, Dean Henderson was better than him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That was NEVER a pen for Newcastle, Gordon should be a marked man by all Premier League officials, he constantly dives and leaves one on players very snidely, he's an absolute shit house cunt

How VAR upheld Newcastle's penalty for contact Gordon initiated by running in their keeper throwing himself to ground only they fucking know
    Villa's penalty against Palace was well dodgy as well.
    Referees in this league are absolute shite/bent.

Brighton were fantastic after they scored the first.
    Playing out from the back and recycling the ball was incredible. Not sure how they make the risk reward work (it really looks so risky) but they made united look like clowns chasing shadows.

First ronaldo, now sancho.. next Fernandes? Ten hag seems incapable of anything more than playing mid table counter at pace tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    First ronaldo, now sancho.. next Fernandes? Ten hag seems incapable of anything more than playing mid table counter at pace tactics.
    I see no real evolution since Solskjaer's side was at its best, when they finished with 75(?) points.

That's quite damning really. Ten Hag had a good Ajax side that seemed functional and was exciting to watch, mainly comprised of youngsters - perhaps it was the Dutch-centric player list and thus the "culture" was easier to manage or perhaps the younger squad were easier to get on side versus the older egos in Manchester, but they currently appear to be going nowhere. Maybe they'll improve, but they would need to lance a lot of boils and go through a bit of a reset that their fans (and pundits) won't allow them the time to do because "this is Man United" and the ghost of the counter-attacks and buying big under Fergie loom large - and it's a good old chuckle watching it all as a Liverpool fan.

Who do they even go for next? They've tried -

- The recommendation from Fergie
    - The experienced head from Holland
    - The Special One who "guarantees" success
    - The "club legend" (super-sub)
    - The guy who "invented pressing"
    - Currently on "next big thing"

They'll probably always be able to appeal to someone given their stature and the money they can throw at the situation, but they do this drifting in and out of Champion's League football and harbouring toxic players, the more poisoned the Chalice will become, which will slowly put Managers off taking the job unless they have enough ego to say "I can fix that" - I could seriously see them with Howe or Rodgers at the helm in future and if they try to poach the Brighton manager he would be wise to stay put as they look a much more cohesive club from top to bottom, even if they operate with less financial might.