Thread: Your team v Spurs

Your team v Spurs

Alisson
    Gomez Konate VVD Robbo
    Sobozla Gravenberch MacA Diaz
    Salah Núñez

Starting XI: Alisson, Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Jones, Diaz, Salah, Gakpo.

Subs: Kelleher, Endo, Konate, Nunez, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Alexander-Arnold.

Liverpool make one alteration to their last Premier League line-up for this evening's clash at Tottenham Hotspur.

Cody Gakpo replaces Darwin Nunez in the only tweak made to the team deployed in the 3-1 win over West Ham United last Sunday.

In total, the Reds make nine changes from Wednesday’s Carabao Cup tie with Leicester City, with only Gakpo and Curtis Jones retaining their places in the XI.

Trent Alexander-Arnold returns to the squad and is named on the bench.

Hmmm, Nunez replaced by Gakpo. I suppose Jurgen wants to try and stop them playing out from the back, but I feel there would be plenty of space for Nunez to create chaos. Tough game coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    Hmmm, Nunez replaced by Gakpo. I suppose Jurgen wants to try and stop them playing out from the back, but I feel there would be plenty of space for Nunez to create chaos. Tough game coming up.
    I adore Núñez - absolutely adore him.

However, if Gakpo is "on it" today and helps give us control in the first half to then facilitate a fresh Núñez for the second, then it could prove an excellent tactical call - on paper at least.

Gakpo's not been at his sparkling best yet this season, so hopefully he can pull it out of the bag.

Núñez bang in form and on the bench aside, not much to complain about.