Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Spurs v Liverpool

The stream im watching. Jermaine Defoe in studio. Fair play to him. His analysis and non-bias view on the decisions much respect. His team won but still showing class and not trying to coat the decision made.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    We have won many tight games. But this celebration of theirs is like ourselves vs. Barcelona.

As a supporter last minute winner would have gone balist8c but contextually it eouldnt have been do prolonged. Especially either how I was won. But well there are levels to it and I get their overall vibe they feel like it is a new dawn.
    There's no comparison with our game against Barcelona.

We won that game on our own rights and in doing so came back from a 3-0 deficit to turn over the tie.

We didn't need ref's help to do it, and we didn't need Barca to be reduced to 10 or 9 men to do it.

It was totally valid to dance and celebrate with your fans in the aftermath of that game.

Celebrating after a victory like they won today under the circumstances in which it happened is downright embarrassing for those Spurs players dancing.

And I stand by that.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Ah generally hate th' moanin' aboot refs bit that wis a fuckin' disgrace. A've ne'er seen incompetence lik' that before. He shuid ne'er git anither match. Nae fit tae referree a Sunday League game.
    Have to agree - WTF was that..? Abject and totally joke officiating. Heads need to roll. Robbed is the word and something needs to happen

As I said during the match and in the week. Klopp has brought together a special cast. If everyone stays fit we are going to run City and maybe Arsenal for this league this season and a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    There's no comparison with our game against Barcelona.

We won that game on our own rights and in doing so came back from a 3-0 deficit to turn over the tie.

We didn't need ref's help to do it, and we didn't need Barca to be reduced to 10 or 9 men to do it.

It was totally valid to dance and celebrate with your fans in the aftermath of that game.

Celebrating after a victory like they won today under the circumstances in which it happened is downright embarrassing for those Spurs players dancing.

And I stand by that.
    Pardon if I didn't make it clear. I mean this is their "Barcelona" type experience on their level. Our level is that. Their experience of downing a giant is a jight like this. That is what I was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes and the question you pose shows you just don’t go to games. It’s a game against a side you havent beaten in a while. You are expected to win - under lots of pressure to score and win v 9 men,.. and finally the ball goes in the net and you take the points.

Get real
    When was the last time you saw Liverpool players... PLAYERS, I mean.....not the fans......dancing on the field after barely beating a team that they by all rights should have beaten given all the circumstances that happened during the game?

Please, I'd like to know which game that was so I can compare.

Yes, I'd imagine that someone like Tsimikas would probably dance as that's generally his personality, but he's not a starter and would be dancing regardless of whether he actually played any minutes or not.
    I'd like to know which game had any of the starting 11 dancing...DANCING,.....like Son, their CAPTIAN, need I remind you, was doing.

Show me a game with Stevie or even Hendo doing the same after we just barely scraped through a win, and you'll have made your point.

"Get real" my arse.

There's having class and knowing you belong, and then there's these.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    In retrospect, Jota was irresponsible for his 2nd. Yes the 1st was not a yellow but with 10 mrn he should have immediately thought about what could happen after his first.
    Agreed. He needs to take responsibility for the 2nd yellow. Irrespective of the 1st, don't give the ref a reason to book you again so quickly.

Fucking he'll, that's the same ref that didn't give a penalty at old Trafford for Wolves in the last minute earlier in the season.

Sky now saying Diaz goal was good, and Jones should not have been sent off.
    Come on, Jurgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    When was the last time you saw Liverpool players... PLAYERS, I mean.....not the fans......dancing on the field after barely beating a team that they by all rights should have beaten given all the circumstances that happened during the game?

Please, I'd like to know which game that was so I can compare.

Yes, I'd imagine that someone like Tsimikas would probably dance as that's generally his personality, but he's not a starter and would be dancing regardless of whether he actually played any minutes or not.
    I'd like to know which game had any of the starting 11 dancing...DANCING,.....like Son, their CAPTIAN, need I remind you, was doing.

Show me a game with Stevie or even Hendo doing the same after we just barely scraped through a win, and you'll have made your point.

"Get real" my arse.

There's having class and knowing you belong, and then there's these.
    Ok let’s put this in perspective for you. Imagine that was Real Madrid at Anfield - CL game. Tell me our lads are not celebrating.

I understand your are hurt by the result - we all are, but for Spurs - who were jokes just a few months ago and after the expectation v 9 men… That’s a huge relief.

I would take it as a compliment