Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Full forensic review required by the PGMOL of every match this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Apparently after the own goal by Matip one of the Spurs players took his shirt off to celebrate and he too was on a yellow card but he didnt get punished either… it just beggars belief WTF.
    Just picking this bit up for a brief, generalised aside. Of all the things that happened during that game, this is the one I am least bothered about and I'd hate to see injury-time winning celebrations get punished unless a player is doing something genuinely disrespectful or endangering a member of the crowd etc.

Gerrard was on a yellow in the Olympiakos game when he scores that screamer and the ref (quite rightly in my book) didn't book his celebrations in the crowd with his shirt off (think he had one of those red vests on but still) as they understood the emotions that occur with winning goals in injury time.

Fully agree with your overall points mind you and can certainly understand why the lack of application of the rules within the context of this individual match grates so much. It was a shambolic display, worst I have seen since the 2002 World Cup and that is 21 years ago now.

Also if there is a link to the Tomkins piece that isn't behind a pay-wall I'd love a link.[/QUOTE]

I’m afraid Idon't have a link, but you can google it as thats how I found it…

I'll Google it later, phone use is always fidgety at work - thanks Bob.

Some of us on this forum aren't exactly shocked that something like this has happened to LFC.
    It's been on the cards for many years - let us hope we come out of it with something positive.

Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    This doesn't do anything to dispel any bias from the VAR. He was very quick to get through the process (fair enough) and then was the one that told all others that nothing could be done after they raised their concerns. The others in the conversation (avar and relay operator) seem like they want to stop it but the VAR is very quick to stop em and move on.

That VAR guy shouldn't be left near our games again.

What an absolute mess. The assistant VAR told England straight away and he did absolutely nothing

What an absolute clown

Should be a sacking or demotion to lower leagues

criminal
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

That should be him sacked. End of.

What is exacerbating this whole stimulation is that it is far from being the first time against us.

Those saying stop whinging move on, they have not had the number of disgraceful decisions go against them.

4 sendings off this season, not one other club would have been on the receiving end of those 4 red cards.

Other teams get away with a certain number of would be yellows during games and that’s fine, but the fuckers cannot wait to get their cards out against us.

That is why, when we catch them out on a non subjective black and white decision, we are not letting it go.