Thread: VAR – A Force For Good?

VAR – A Force For Good?

So I think we all agree not giving Luis Diaz his on-side goal was a total farce.…

Full story

A force for good if used honestly to ensure the correct decisions are made in accordance with the laws of the game as its equivalents are in all other sports

FA PGMOL Premier League and English FA officials want to be able to avoid doing the above so they can adversely affect the outcome of matches as they enjoyed doing throughout the Premier League era until VAR's inception remains the only reason there is ever any issue with it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

“ A bad workman always blames his tools…. “

I fail to see how giving Referees, and it is referees who ultimately operate VAR, more time to make difficult decision from the comfort of an armchair, with the full array with technology at their disposal continue to fail to make good decisions, when you consider how their predecessors had to make similar decisions in a split second, often from difficult vantage points whilst desperately trying to keep up with play, just beggars belief.

Its clearly not VAR thats the problem, Howard Webb has a massive task on his hands and he needs to act fast because if he cannot sort it out quickly, the PGMOL will have to to bring in someone else who can.