Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: LFC statement on VAR stitch-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Should just award the goal and amend the result to a draw and rescind any planned bans for Jones, Jota and Mac Allister
    Wrong. Amend the Diaz goal, and officiate the game properly afterwards. Which means that Jota wouldn't have gotten booked for the non trip first yellow, and the game would have been over before Matip's unfortunate own goal.
    Result....

Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool

Three points Liverpool, thank you very much....

Apparently England will not officiate LFC again this season.
    I find that odd, based on what? He made an error or do they know something that we don't?

I think we need to be calling for the officials involved to be sacked and for Howard Webb to resign as this was every bit as scandalous and deliberate failure to apply the laws of the game as Tierney and Kavanagh's failure to award Everton a last minute pen v City in the 21-22 run in that ultimately handed City a title they didn't win and saw Mike Riley stand down and refs and VAR officials performances have become even worse under Webb
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I really don’t like Klopp asking for a replay of the game.

Sack those who cannot do their jobs and move on.

We should maybe use the opportunity to ask why during this game our players were being given yellows for offences where the opposition weren’t

And as why we even had a player booked (then sent off) for having his knee kicked by an opponent

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Sack those who cannot do their jobs and move on.

We should maybe use the opportunity to ask why during this game our players were being given yellows for offences where the opposition weren’t

And as why we even had a player booked (then sent off) for having his knee kicked by an opponent
    We know the answers to these questions.
    What are the chances of us having another game this season with this amount of crap??

Klopp hasn’t asked with any kind of seriousness. At least that’s what I believe. Naturally he has to appear candid. I think it is just to keep the heat on.

Ramp up the pressure

Stick it to them.

Let them know - don’t fook with us anymore.

Funny how Newcastle have had a bad start and the officials had been out in Saudi Arabia 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Klopp hasn’t asked with any kind of seriousness. At least that’s what I believe. Naturally he has to appear candid. I think it is just to keep the heat on.

Ramp up the pressure

Stick it to them.

Let them know - don’t fook with us anymore.
    That's my take on it. He knows it won't be replayed. But putting it out there that that's the only fair thing is keeping heat on them.

What is even worse, is the media. Headlines such as "KLOPP DEMANDS REPLAY". Sky have it up on their site. In no way did klopp demand it. He did say it was the fair outcome, in his opinion.

Also, I wonder if Matip hadn't scored the og and it finished a draw, where would be today?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He didn't "really" ask though, it's just the way the media are presenting it.

If you watch the presser in full he is basically asked "what's the fairest way to deal with this situation?" and he says words to the effect of "in an ideal World we could replay the game but that is never going to happen" - but the media got their soundbite and have run with headlines like "Klopp demands replay" etc