Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Other Games 7th/8th October

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Two studs up challenges neither touch the ball yet one yellow is the result.

Makes our two reds last week even more farcical. There can be absolutely no explanation as to why he is still on the pitch.

Absolutely sick of the whole PGMOL bullshit.
    Its simple really they are trying to be more lenient with decisions. Well until they are not. Man-city do not get centre midfielders set off. Rodri has gotten away with murder for years. Its simple Man-citys whole performance comes from a DM dictating the play. and by sending them off or booking them. means they are less likely to win.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Also this shows how important a DM is ...

For them Rodri they're nowhere near the same without him

city have some tough fixtures coming up too...

maybe if we actually got a top DM we could have won it this year how things are going
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th October 2023 at 07:25 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Also this shows how important a DM is ...

For them Rodri they're nowhere near the same without him
    Would help even more so if he was occasionally sent off for his regular acts of murder but I hear you.

Still, if someone had said we would have 8 League games, with only 3 of them at Home, with 4 of the away matches being Chelsea, Newcastle, Tottenham and Brighton - and we'd be 3 points off top - and we'd still be in the League Cup (with Man City knocked out) - and we'd have won 2 of 2 in the Europa - and we'd be 3 points off top - and we would be 4 points (or more) ahead of all of Newcastle, Chelsea and Man United......I'd have absolutely snatched your hand off for it!

Decent little platform to build upon going forward despite a lot of adversity so far. Next short-term goals are to beat Everton and to work our way through matches until lads like Jones and Jota return from suspension and one or two return from injury.

For sure it's not been a terrible start, and we're conceding stupid goals which can easily be avoided - this is a good thing because hopefully it won't keep going on

Need to cut out the stupid shit then we'll be good, need to work out the midfield though because that 1st half was terrible, and also we need to wake up when we kick off, not when we go 1-0 down.... it's getting silly, we've been in 1st gear maybe 2nd gear sometimes so far mostly....

Diaz and nunez i thought both had terrible games today, it was a weird one quite a few bad performances, robertson too list can go on today.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Yeah, not our best match and lots of individually poor games.

The encouragement I take is that we can (very nearly) go 3-1 up despite not being particularly good. There's going to be a match or two this season where it all clicks and somebody is getting wrecked - hopefully a Manchester club!

After the spurs fiasco, I kind of expected a reaction, but in the two games since, we’ve looked like we don’t give a shit. I’m not sure whether we lack leadership on the pitch. It seems a bizarre thing to say after last week, but I think we’re a bit too nice. Maybe we haven’t got a choice.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    After the spurs fiasco, I kind of expected a reaction, but in the two games since, we’ve looked like we don’t give a shit. I’m not sure whether we lack leadership on the pitch. It seems a bizarre thing to say after last week, but I think we’re a bit too nice. Maybe we haven’t got a choice.
    We're not exactly going to go flying into challenges or rough people up at a time when the refs seem desperate to punish us.

It's a tricky one. Can foresee a concerted effort to further increase our possession game.

if no one has seen the incident with Mateo Kovacic 113 seconds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVE6gNzSspY and the second foul was pretty bad as well
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

On the second foul ,the only definitive thought he had was I am not sending him off, a complete change in thinking from our situation, first tackle should have been a red on vars recommendation.

Pretty sure the PGMOL said, “Right guys, let’s have a nice quiet weekend… no red cards, no dubious offside decisions, absolutely no controversy.”
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!