Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Brighton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Ffs are they fuck lately don't make excuses... they've been poor as anything lately, they had 2 debuts on today.... taht starting 11 was not great

we was poor, very poor

points lost again....which add up to us missing out on top4 AGAIN

but excuses, we was PATHETIC today.
    I agree that Brighton are not all that. Think thry punched above and are well drilled but quality wise I fobt think they are. Lots of Championship or lower table players who have been infused by a good tactician and motivator.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We're 3 points off top - I don't think Champion's League qualification will be a problem to be honest, though you're absolutely right to point out that we need to improve.

Hopefully after the international break we won't be reduced to 10 men too often (wasn't an excuse today) and will have more options once undeserved suspensions are served.
    It's way more congested at the top there's not much in it at all, so I don't think it matters about 3 pts behind also we've played a extra game than city/arsenal (for now)... there's not much behind gap behind that's the problem, could and should have been but nope
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Didnt get the Elliot start,. its obvious they run in between us. You cant press with Elliot.he loses the ball to often and gets caught in the wrong places on the pitch. Cant really blame MacAllister, he use to have that ogre Coceido behind him or at the side of him. . Now hes got Elliot and Szoboszlai. the latter is an attacking midfielder. so is Elliot well suppose to be. We looked better when Gravenberch came on.. to late then.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    I agree that Brighton are not all that. Think thry punched above and are well drilled but quality wise I fobt think they are. Lots of Championship or lower table players who have been infused by a good tactician and motivator.
    They literally played well tactically today that's about it, they knew we was going to press and we ran into there arms like a little kid seeing his dad first time in months....... we have no other way of playing or way to change things, we stick to the same all the time.

to many poor performances today. not because brighton was "brilliant" they was poor and I see how villa scored six, they've been poor for a bit but people still think they're title challengers or something .
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Chelsea, Newcastle, Spurs and Brighton away all done with and still only 3 points off top so not a disaster but we should be level at the top in reality.

City, Utd, Arsenal and Villa our difficult aways still to come, we should be winning the other remaining away games if we turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I would pay for someone to train out of them that stupid thing they do of passing to each other casually at the back between themselves and Allisson so much so and so frequently that it just invites disaster like it did for the first goal.

And they still kept doing it even after that.
    I hate it so much witha passion when they get into that rhythm and just start that pass-pass-pass-pass.....ad infinatum.....and generally looking clueless like they don't know how to get the ball forward.

I get that part of the problem is not having a midfielder they can pass to that can get the ball and either run it into the opposition area, or who can find the pass to start an attack, but still...
    You could see early on today it was waiting to happen. Worst thing is like you say it continues even after we've been sprung, they played us like a fiddle for that first goal because they knew MacAllister was the weak link.
    Second half they just took the piss out of our right side. Our ball retention in that game and quite often this season has been poor, we're inviting pressure by continually losing possession.
    We've barely had one or two games where we've started well, it's just this languid begining and we go a goal down. It's gave us a bomb up our arse before but that was against poorer sides. Do that against the better teams and we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The defence was so poor and we really must stop shoehorning MacAllister in at 6, he’s terrible at it.
    That one's on Klopp.
    It's a thing he does far too often.
    Playing players out of their natural positions or the positions they'd be best at and then insisting on it even when its clear to all it's not working.
    The square peg in round holes tendency of his.
    (**See : Trent)

If Endo's not good enough to play as a natural DM in that position and Bajcetic is not ready/still not fit enough, then figure out some other solution before we get to the January window and properly address it, because clearly this current situation is not working.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Jurgen is a bizarre manager some times. never even brought on Endo yet paid 16 million for him. was he bought to be a Minamino in Europe and the cups?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You could see early on today it was waiting to happen. Worst thing is like you say it continues even after we've been sprung, they played us like a fiddle for that first goal because they knew MacAllister was the weak link.
    Second half they just took the piss out of our right side. Our ball retention in that game and quite often this season has been poor, we're inviting pressure by continually losing possession.
    We've barely had one or two games where we've started well, it's just this languid begining and we go a goal down. It's gave us a bomb up our arse before but that was against poorer sides. Do that against the better teams and we are in trouble.
    And the worst part is that Brighton are not even that great a high-pressing team.
    We just made them look that good with our casualness and carelessness with the ball.

Some of it is down to a captain who's been far too lackadaisical and casual for my liking when he's on the ball, to the point of laziness and carelessness and we saw that in all its glory today.
    And it seeps onto other team members as we observe the same with Robbo more and more and Matip and Konate when he's on.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I'm liking what I've seen of Gravenberch, once he settles in he'll be very good I think.

What was the point buying Endo? He surely can't be worse than MacAllister in that position.
    Paying another none number 6 there whilst he sits on the bench and also rumoured to be going in for Trinidad in January.