Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Brighton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    I wonder if anything will be said about the non red card and dive for the free kick that Brighton equalised from.
    Probably not, but this result is all on us. We simply can’t keep relying on scoring more goals than the opposition. I wonder if we’ll get a clean sheet any time soon. Shambolic.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

To be fair to Brighton they are a good side.. they are good enough technically to run you around the pitch,. its no surprise they are up the top of the league.. Sick of their antics though. and Taylor the manc ,loved to fall for it.
    Ps also sick of Virgil. he doesnt seem to be able bend anymore so just boots the ball out of play half the time..
    Last edited by justme; 8th October 2023 at 04:13 PM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    And the worst part is that Brighton are not even that great a high-pressing team.
    We just made them look that good with our casualness and carelessness with the ball.

Some of it is down to a captain who's been far too lackadaisical and casual for my liking when he's on the ball, to the point of laziness and carelessness and we saw that in all its glory today.
    And it seeps onto other team members as we observe the same with Robbo more and more and Matip and Konate when he's on.
    Yep youre right. I never thought I'd say this ( and I hate saying it) but VvD is nowhere near what he was and it's not coming back. We need to prepare for the future soon.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Jurgen is a bizarre manager some times. never even brought on Endo yet paid 16 million for him. was he bought to be a Minamino in Europe and the cups?
    That's when you know a player was a panic buy that the club thought we must get after thoroughly getting embarrassed on their attempt to get their Caciedo or their fallback Flavia.

But unlike other previous close-of-transfer-window panic-buys in the past, Endo might actually be good if he ever gets an opportunity or chance to play more often and develop an understanding with his teammates, but if we don't even get to see him outside cup games, that'll never happen and we'll never know.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm liking what I've seen of Gravenberch, once he settles in he'll be very good I think.

What was the point buying Endo? He surely can't be worse than MacAllister in that position.
    Paying another none number 6 there whilst he sits on the bench and also rumoured to be going in for Trinidad in January.
    what about Tobago?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    They literally played well tactically today that's about it, they knew we was going to press and we ran into there arms like a little kid seeing his dad first time in months....... we have no other way of playing or way to change things, we stick to the same all the time.

to many poor performances today. not because brighton was "brilliant" they was poor and I see how villa scored six, they've been poor for a bit but people still think they're title challengers or something .
    For periods I fee we had them. We always look like we could score up to about 70 minutes. De Zerbi changed up tactically to double team Trent so think Klopp could have reacted to it maybe by threatening them elsewhere on the pitch.

Bit my overall point is we are young team we have made a good start to the season. But for a mistake at the start which made it harder against a team that works hard and then again almost going 3-1 and then a mistake from Robbo whom I think knew his positioning wasn't great and that contact might have been own goal. So I think he chickened out of that potentially happening.

My assessment of Brighton, great effort last season but they have lost 2 of their best players last season, they have lost Cucerio, White and the goalie in quick succession. Similar think like Southampton is going to happen. All the new players they bringing and risking to give starts all good whilst the teams tale is up. Their is expectation now amongst their supporters that they are actually a top 7 team possibly CL which they aren't. They have done good business but when tough times kick in we will see. Then everybody's going to question their transfer outs etc.

We are so slow to the tackle, we are so slow to sense danger, when we do sense any danger we simply cannot tackle for toffee and as a result we just get bullied all over the pitch… both of the two goals we conceded today are real shake your head shockers …but can you kindly explain to me how on this earth was that a foul for their free kick prior to their goal…once again a player throws himself to the ground and gets a free kick… and then Robbo has another brain freeze moment, fucking shambles defensively I’m afraid… keep this up boys and top four is going to be a dream rather than a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Probably not, but this result is all on us. We simply can’t keep relying on scoring more goals than the opposition. I wonder if we’ll get a clean sheet any time soon. Shambolic.
    Maybe if we stopped fucking conceding a goal early in the game for once and giving ourselves a hill to climb right out of the gate, and instead went on the front foot from the off, we might see how good we really are.

Why does this keep happening?
    You can't keep relying on that old "we go down early but always come back to win the game..."....because eventually it comes back to bite you in the arse.

It did today.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    We are so slow to the tackle, we are so slow to sense danger, when we do sense any danger we simply cannot tackle for toffee and as a result we just get bullied all over the pitch… both of the two goals we conceded today are real shake your head shockers …but can you kindly explain to me how on this earth was that a foul for their free kick prior to their goal…once again a player throws himself to the ground and gets a free kick… and then Robbo has another brain freeze moment, fucking shambles defensively I’m afraid… keep this up boys and top four is going to be a dream rather than a reality.
    we aint allowed to tackle though . its against the rules for us

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep youre right. I never thought I'd say this ( and I hate saying it) but VvD is nowhere near what he was and it's not coming back. We need to prepare for the future soon.
    Agree. Think captaincy makes him kind of undroppable. Think no one will argue with him bring made captain, think him, Ali or Mo soulful have been my choices. But Virgil was flagging even last season so in hindsight easy to day maybe Klopp shouldn't have given him the belt. But think he has enough credit in the bank to play the whole season. But we do need 1 or 2 centre backs, that Micky would have brrnvgreat cause he can play LB as well. Konate injury prone, Gomez s definite no and Natip old in the tooth. Quansah looks to be progressing but should be 4th choice. So Konate, Virgil, Quansah snd a Centre Back who walks straight into the starting 11. Then the 3 mentioned fight for a spit alongside him.