Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Brighton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep youre right. I never thought I'd say this ( and I hate saying it) but VvD is nowhere near what he was and it's not coming back. We need to prepare for the future soon.
    He's never been the same since the Prickford clash.

Unfortunately the old saying is true.
    Players coming back from ACl/MCL injuries are almost always a shadow of their former selves.

The Ox was more or less done and dusted after his, and while there might yet be some hope for Elliot, he's also never shown any of that promise we all saw from early on after he came back from his ACL injury too.

The problem with Virgil is that most of his cockups these days seem less like "physical" problems but more of the mental side.
    His casualness, his lack of focus his carelessness on the ball at times and also losing that football intelligence he had and that a defender needs to overcome lack of natural athleticism and physical prowess.

I don't know how much of that is his subconsiouss not wanting to put himself in a situation where he gets hurt like that again, but it's pretty common to see with players coming back from his kind of injury.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Id slap Gomez for when he dived in and had no way of getting close to the Brighton player. he left himself for dead with that,.. you could naturally tell he wasnt getting there. why do it? because he can.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I don't think the ref had a bad game, sometimes players are going to buy fouls. We should still have defended the situation way better. But again Robertson wow.

Those are the games we would've won in years gone by. Big players let us down today, Virgil and Robbo. The older they get it gets no easier and they need to be more switched on which they aren't at times and it showed today.

At least people are more grounded now. Able to accept the managed decline

And considering the amount of times the games was stopped and started, 4 minutes injury time was a bloody joke.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Id slap Gomez for when he dived in and had no way of getting close to the Brighton player. he left himself for dead with that,.. you could naturally tell he wasnt getting there. why do it? because he can.
    Gomez is a twat, it is his contribution in a couple of fouls that actually invited pressure and lifted Brighton.

Trent had a good game though defensively Mitoms got nothing whilst he was on the park. We missed a trick by not signing a big athletic central defensive midfielder. Grav is athletic but looks like he is going to be box to box rather than the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    And considering the amount of times the games was stopped and started, 4 minutes injury time was a bloody joke.
    Well we don't want LFC scoring a later winner now do we??.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Looking at the rules it should have been a red but not even a yellow. Can’t say I’m surprised
    WTF can you say about that?
    One rule for us, another rule for everybody else.
    This league is not, repeat not, corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Agree. Think captaincy makes him kind of undroppable. Think no one will argue with him bring made captain, think him, Ali or Mo soulful have been my choices. But Virgil was flagging even last season so in hindsight easy to day maybe Klopp shouldn't have given him the belt. But think he has enough credit in the bank to play the whole season. But we do need 1 or 2 centre backs, that Micky would have brrnvgreat cause he can play LB as well. Konate injury prone, Gomez s definite no and Natip old in the tooth. Quansah looks to be progressing but should be 4th choice. So Konate, Virgil, Quansah snd a Centre Back who walks straight into the starting 11. Then the 3 mentioned fight for a spit alongside him.
    Yeah that's all on point. I'd imagine though we'll stick with VvD,Konate and also play Quansah more and have Gomez as cover once Matip moves on. As much as it's imperative I don't see us going out and buying a CB who goes straight in.
    Not even sure who I'd actually want to see sign for us, Gvardiol would have been the one but that's obviously gone.