Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double six….

Double six….

Given the physicality struggles of Macca at 6, is there an argument to play Gravenberch and Szoboszlai as a double six, with Macca playing as a genuine 10.

Gravenberch and Szoboszlai are monsters physically and are both technically very skilled compared to Macca and as such are both more ideally suited to both play as a 6, and Macca’s skillset is far best suited to play as a 10…

This formation doesn't preclude them both from bombing forward, just not at the same time, but having Macca as a 10 also gives both players a give and go option if they do decide to bomb on….. and if they do Trent can also cover that movement.

I would be very interested to see if we tried combo…. thoughts….

However this requires our defenders being able to just do basic Sunday league defending and be able to simply side foot a ball into touch without fear of shanking it…. its not hard tbh, especially when they are happy to demonstrate on our in house Videos our lads executing brillant rondos all week in training…

If Robbo is so not comfortable on his right peg, why oh why is he in the position he was in when we were defending that free kick against Brighton… just baffling.

Finally, tbf to De Zerbi, I am sure he actually said in his presser that he didn't think the free kick awarded that they scored from was not even a free kick. ……, unfortunately the discussion around quality of refereeing against LFC has been done to death… so I will just throw that one in to just give credit where credit is due to De Zerbi..

Could just just play the number 6 we paid 18m for.

16.2... but that might be "SPLIDDING" hairs

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That would be too obvious. Maybe Klopp isn’t so keen on Endo from what he’s seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    That would be too obvious. Maybe Klopp isn’t so keen on Endo from what he’s seen so far.
    Aye, might be another Ben Davies.

I think Endo was just brought in for a few months until we get Andre in January.
    I like the idea of 4 of Andre/Mac Allister/Szoboszlai/Gakpo. Very much reminds me of Fab/Henderson/Wijnaldum and Firmino
    But i think its likely Szoboszlai and Gakpo will end up getting more goals then Wini and Bobby..
    Szoboszlai has proven he can play in a 2. along side Mac Allister hes even played the defensive side as number 6 at times.
    Just not seen him further forward like he was bought for yet..
    Good to know we have Nunez Jota in forward areas and Gravenberch and Jones for the midfield. Actually our squad is looking pretty good when all our players are fit. We still need another DM and centre back. but right now we seem to be coping.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Possible - but I think he's utilising Mac Allister back there as he has the ability to turn with the ball and lay it on - much more focus on the midfield creating opportunities by getting the ball forward through the lines as opposed to destroying opposition chances - risk/reward.

Still think Endo will prove a useful "horses for courses" player and I am delighted we have him so as to avoid the temptation of rushing Bajcetic or Thiago back prematurely.

Can understand folks wanting to play someone like Szoboszlai deeper than Mac Allister due to his physicality, but I'd rather have Szoboszlai winning the ball higher up and having the chance to drive forward and break the lines at will.

Early days in the season still, never mind the timescale of Mac Allister's career here - with luck Klopp will land on the best midfield combo - whatever that proves to be.

I know ive missed out Elliot unfortunately i dont rate him,I just think hes to easily dispossessed and his link up the play is not the best
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Maybe he's seen how lightweight and a guy that was playing for a team that just avoided relegation isn't all that good for a top level prem team, who knows.... ?

I want bajectic back at his best.... apparently he's been linked away with a move.. can't remember who it was, a team in spain I think, rather him play ahead of endo if he's ever fit again.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Remember that it's October.

We have seen lads be bought by Klopp and not immediately play until they get up to speed.

Also with both Mac Allister and Endo they don't have phenomenal recovery pace, so if they commit to a higher press and lose the ball, there is going to be space behind them. Mac Allister will be used to the pace of the Premier League whereas Endo won't.

We also don't know exactly what Endo was bought for - he could end up being the Milner/utility kind of player.

An alternate view is that we bought him for cover/depth not knowing we would get Gravenberch (who looked set to stay at Bayern) but once we were able to get that done on deadline day and Klopp has seen some things in training, he's perhaps in the process of re-evaluating who may play where for one of two of the lads?

In short I still think it's way too early to tell. Rather judge players after 19-25 games and even then players can jump (or drop) in level the following season.

I've had a stressful day and my Brain is meandering now so might return to this thread when cognition is more coherent in a day or two.