Page 304 of 356 FirstFirst ... 204254294297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311314354 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3559

Thread: Other games

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    There’s a documentary on Netflix about them winning the treble last season. Netflix do like a good true crime doc.
    I hate documentaries like that but it's right up their street and sums them up perfectly because they are the Netflix of football clubs. A fad. Shit.
    The ultimate insecure,try hard club with the ultimate small man syndrome manager. They're an embarrassment. I would never ever want LFC to be anything remotely like them.
    People say we are jealous, nah not at all. Just angry about how it's planned out for us during their fucking golden spell. The fact that Klopp hasn't hit anywhere near the honours his work deserves because of them and their blatent cheating, how bitter it will be if they're stripped of titles that should really be Liverpool's.
    Shame it didn't happen a few years earlier during Utd and Ferguson's era.

I often wonder if during these conferences or gatherings of European top clubs if City and PSG have imposter syndrome. They should because I think it's a nailed on guarantee that the representatives of the likes of LFC,Real,Utd,Bayern etc will all be thinking that they don't belong there.
    Last edited by teesred; 15th April 2024 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The problem is if you wanted to buy Watkins it would be upwards of an 100 million. thats how much English players go for.
    There are better finishers in the league than Nunez. But he offers us more physicality. just a shame hes not a natural goal scorer.
    I’d have Toney over Nunez at the moment.

Nunez is young and with the right coaching could become a quality player but at the moment he’s not good enough. (None of our forwards have been).

Hes not actually that young anymore he'll be 25 in under 3 months. as for Toney if he was that great he'd already be at a big club. something about his attitude i don't care for much. I know hes a massive LFC fan. but means nothing is hes snidey little shit.
    We will be needing a left sided attacker in the summer thats for sure.. Shame we wont be able to get Palmer.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Nico Williams at Bilbao can play left & right forward, I believe he’s a player we’ve long tracked

I find it weird how ppl look at players, if I had a working system as we had & was looking to replace Mane I’d look at players with the attributes & abilities to do what he did & coach them to do it & add their own signature to it especially as how he played the role gave us very good automation & clear patterns of play & means of attack that helped all the other players

I always saw it that way, that there are roles and ‘set plays in open play’ in all great teams play and when players come in, first & foremost they have to play that role for team continuity as the player they came in for did & if they have extra abilities that could bring more to it all the better & for me Aldridge Johnson Houghton Barnes Nicol Lawrenson Kenny Beardsley MacMahon and many others did that, all part of continuity, all part of the “If it ain’t broken don’t fix it” mantra and I believe in that

That’s why I moaned about the throwing the baby out with the bath water because it was very un Liverpool

Ollie watkins made a good point other day in press after game, said how he doesn't get as many chances as others etc mentioned salah could have easily mentioned Nunez

Top season he's having. might beat haaland to golden boot at this rate
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Hes not actually that young anymore he'll be 25 in under 3 months. as for Toney if he was that great he'd already be at a big club. something about his attitude i don't care for much. I know hes a massive LFC fan. but means nothing is hes snidey little shit.
    We will be needing a left sided attacker in the summer thats for sure.. Shame we wont be able to get Palmer.
    Just my opinion, but Palmer would never come here even if he were available.

Former Manchester United boyhood fan (probably still is), who came up through the City system, and likely still has strong ties to Manchester and who mostly went to Chelsea to prove a point to Pep that he was worth playing more.

That doesn't sound to me like a player who'd either be a good fit with us nor who would even want to come here in the first place.

Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of being that sort of club where top players consider first as a place they'd want to go, and when Klopp leaves it will be even less so as he's a draw all by himself with players frequently stating he's a manager they'd love to play for.

I'd like someone who's a little bit more of the finished article rather than in the 'prospect-for-the-future' mold that we've been going after these past few seasons with the club's moneyball policy.

If you look at our best front three under the Klopp era (Mane, Bobby and Salah), they were all players who could have slotted into the starting lineup of practically any club, but just weren't hitting the heights they'd hit here because they were mostly in systems that didn't suit them or their abilities.
    That's what Klopp excelled at - it was finding players who'd fit perfectly into his system even if they were not prolific at their current/former clubs.
    It's part of the reason why we see so many former players from here struggle to find their same form at other clubs even when they leave here at their prime or close to their prime.

Regardless I want someone who's a proven finisher who can complement the rawness of a Darwin (while still allowing him to continue to develop, and not having so much of that high price tag pressure on him to produce or be the "alt-Haaland")
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Everton 2 down after 20 minutes. Its going to be a long night for the blueshite.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Everton 2 down after 20 minutes. It’s going to be a long night for the blueshite.
    Chelsea look to be improving

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Chelsea look to be improving
    Palmer with a hat trick. Gifted by Pickford.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Palmer with a hat trick. Gifted by Pickford.
    Englands no.1 LOLzzzzzz