Page 341 of 364 FirstFirst ... 241291331334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348351 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 3640

Thread: Other games

They may as well sack Poch he thinks it’s the farmers league still no way you’re going to pass through any side at that sluggish tempo with those all too obvious telegraphed passes

I want teams to make the other sides really work for it like they make us every fucking game

On Steveo about fatigue we suffer a fair bit from almost every team giving everything they have to try & best us or even nick a draw, when I watch other games they just don’t try that hard v City or Arse, thry just rollover easy like tonight’s pathetic gutless & clueless display by Chelsea

Take Saliba & Odegaard out of that team then see how they function.

Wembley (semi) FA Cup losing hangover. It happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Take Saliba & Odegaard out of that team then see how they function.
    They're obviously a very good side but they have also had some massive good fortune.
    It's all fell into place for them in pretty much every way.
    It's testament that you don't need worldies all over the pitch because they have very few top end players in that side. The two you mention are probably the closest they have to world class I'd say. Maybe Rice but I personally think he's overrated,the Hollywood Hendo.
    They've just managed to get a perfect blend and a great system. It works and it shows it can be done.

It helps that sides including Palace don’t turn up and play how Palace & every other team plays against us every game

Always driven me mad, there are a number of clubs who will put out a weakened side having written the points off already playing without any sort of coherent plan when they play a team we’re in a race with, who magically have all their players back fit fired up & working like I’ve never seen them all season when they play us benn going on din e the Murdoch ‘Anyone but Liverpool’ bs

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They may as well sack Poch he thinks it’s the farmers league still no way you’re going to pass through any side at that sluggish tempo with those all too obvious telegraphed passes

I want teams to make the other sides really work for it like they make us every fucking game

On Steveo about fatigue we suffer a fair bit from almost every team giving everything they have to try & best us or even nick a draw, when I watch other games they just don’t try that hard v City or Arse, thry just rollover easy like tonight’s pathetic gutless & clueless display by Chelsea
    Or Both play smarter football that makes it easier to beat these teams.

You cannot seriously be suggesting that most teams try harder against us than they do against The Arse or City…. UNLESS they believe they have a better chance of beating us.

In which case - what does that tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It helps that sides including Palace don’t turn up and play how Palace & every other team plays against us every game

Always driven me mad, there are a number of clubs who will put out a weakened side having written the points off already playing without any sort of coherent plan when they play a team we’re in a race with, who magically have all their players back fit fired up & working like I’ve never seen them all season when they play us benn going on din e the Murdoch ‘Anyone but Liverpool’ bs
    I think teams mid to lower table are full of players who were kids in the noughties with Fergie and Wenger winning most trophies. Those in their 20s and early 30s now were probably Utd and Arsenal fans growing up and relish playing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    I think teams mid to lower table are full of players who were kids in the noughties with Fergie and Wenger winning most trophies. Those in their 20s and early 30s now were probably Utd and Arsenal fans growing up and relish playing us.
    I think that also, shower of cunts

We hit the peak with maximum running and effort. It went for 18 months at ridiculous intensity - the squad all but fell apart as a result.

We have never managed to get back to those levels - understandably - unless you buy a whole new squad - AND whenever we tried - we ended up with an injury crisis. Even he new midfield - looks fatigued,

It’s not my opinion - it’s what I have observed and has happened. It might be coincidence - but I very much doubt it.

No team can keep up that level for long without 2 squads - like City. Need at least 2 Trent’s - 2 Robbo’s on and on throughout the squad OR boom and bust