Page 105 of 403 FirstFirst ... 555959899100101102103104105106107108109110111112115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 4027

Thread: Other games

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Liverpool, top of the league.
    Amazing really when it feels like we are struggling in games.

16 goals conceded.

Arsenal 18
    City 22
    Villa 25
    Spurs 28

Vvd been immense this season thank god

I could be wrong, but i think the only game we dropped points from in a winning position was Brighton away? maybe another fixture in there. But we have come back to win and draw games. from losing positions., Need to win games better but at least we kept in the race..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Nowt like optimism. 2 points clear at the top but you'd rather Arsenal had won. #Support .
    We're not winning the league, too many weaknesses in the side, and the goals will dry up once Mo fucks off to the afcon. City will go on their annual 15 game unbeaten run now, and Arsenal will do an Arsenal and cave. Just being realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    We're not winning the league, too many weaknesses in the side. City will go on their annual 15 game unbeaten run now, and Arsenal will do an Arsenal and cave. Just being realistic.
    Looking at how Man-city played yesterday. You think they could win at Anfield when the come? . theres a lot holes for us to take advantage of.. they won;t dominate us at home and id fancy us to beat them.. it will come down other results. but at least we are in thee.

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    We're not winning the league, too many weaknesses in the side, and the goals will dry up once Mo fucks off to the afcon. City will go on their annual 15 game unbeaten run now, and Arsenal will do an Arsenal and cave. Just being realistic.
    Entirely plausible to be fair.

There's also the possibility we keep the foot down and the applied pressure causes a slip up somewhere and someone bottles it. We could win the League, we could finish fifth - everything is on the Table.

Enjoying it for what it is for now. Once 25/26 games have been played is when the tension will really kick in - if we are still in with a shout.

I break seasons down into bits. There are 19 matches left - a set of 4 games and 3 sets of 5 games.

Can we still be top after 4 more matches? If so -
    Can we still be top after 5 more matches? If so -
    Can we still be top after 5 more matches? If so -
    Can we see out those last 5 games?

The answer may of course be no - one catastrophic January combined with Man City finding an extra gear and it could all be over - but given that we entered the season worried about getting 4th again and are where we are, I say enjoy the ride until the wheels fall off - and if they remain attached to the cart we have a ridiculous party.

Newcastle are a wounded animal. Dangerous. Do everything we can to win. Hopefully bag 3 points. Rinse, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Looking at how Man-city played yesterday. You think they could win at Anfield when the come? . theres a lot holes for us to take advantage of.. they won't dominate us at home and id fancy us to beat them.. it will come down other results. but at least we are in thee.
    they've been below par but they've got de bruyne back now and a couple of others back from injury haven't they? this is their bread and butter the run in from now, and i just don't think we've got the mettle or enough quality in the side to be champions.

Thats if De Bruyne comes back the same player..Injuries like that can slow you down.. Lets see if he can get about the pitch like he use too.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Amazing really when it feels like we are struggling in games.

It's crazy when you consider the fact that we haven't even played what I would consider a great game this entire season.

There was maybe one or two that came close, but it feels like we've been on second gear this entire season.
    Which is both a good and a bad thing, but I'll just focus on the good, because it could imply that we still have a level up to get to and another gear we can play at once all the pieces fall in place.

And unlike others on here I'm not entirely convinced we'll fall apart when Mo leaves for AFCON (And Endo for the Asian Cup) next month.
    During the last AFCON when both Mo and Mane left and everyone was wondering where we'd get goals from and intimated we'd fall apart, we actually went on a run, with the likes of Jota stepping up and that was the season we ran City to within point of the title on the last day. And it was built on that run that we started in that January when they left for AFCON. We didn't lose another game for that second half of the season, and it was only the fact that we were 14 points behind at the Christmas break (with two games in hand though) and the hole it meant we had to climb out, that was the large reason we never won it all that season.

Jota's come back again at just the right time, and I hope we can keep him fit and healthy and likewise I hope both Nunez and Gakpo take the opportunity and step up (along with Diaz). It looks like the likes of Elliot and Jones are trying to step up and do their part, and they should keep that same energy.

The most pleasant surprise about where we are right now is that we have the least goals conceded and the best defensive record in the league, which is surprising when you consider all those early goals we had been conceding in games at the beginning of the season. Our defense is the one big question mark and part I was most worried about coming into this season - even more than our misfiring upfront - and they seem to have stepped up these last couple of weeks which is great to see.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!