Page 106 of 395 FirstFirst ... 6569699100101102103104105106107108109110111112113116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 3944

Thread: Other games

I think 48 points second half of season makes us champs

We’re not losing games, just have to change the draws into wins

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    It's crazy when you consider the fact that we haven't even played what I would consider a great game this entire season.
    Was it 18/19....or maybe 19/20 (December time is in my head, maybe a Boxing Day match) where we played a Leicester side managed by Brendan Rodgers and we beat them 4-0 in a match where it felt like we had 80% possession or something daft and always looked a threat?

I know we have had bigger scorelines, or big scorelines against better sides, or big scorelines against historically excellent sides - but I remember that 4-0 feeling like the most Cat-toying-with-a-Mouse performance we have had in a long, long time.

It would be lovely if we could get a match like that at some stage. Despite our League position I feel a lot of sides are coming up against us and thinking they have a chance - which they clearly do given the number of draws we have produced. It'd be excellent to boss a side and have it act as a deterrent for those sides that are fighting for whatever (European spots, relegation battle etc) and they end up thinking "sod it, save some energy for the next match, Liverpool have this" - we aren't there yet.

That was a defining moment and a defining game.
    Trent scored his Carlos Alberto goal.
    I think we had just come beck from maybe the world club championship.

It’s also funny how we criticise the making of the “box” midfield as it’s been coined with Taa coming in to make an extra man in midfield but now it seems city and arsenal also do it albeit city using a centre back and only when stones is available but arsenal using zinchenko, a vastly inferior player to Trent in every aspect of the game to do it. Wonder if it’s just fad which will die out quickly

Brighton's teenagers have scored 19 goals this season... More than the rest of the PL teams COMBINED....

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    We're not winning the league, too many weaknesses in the side, and the goals will dry up once Mo fucks off to the afcon. City will go on their annual 15 game unbeaten run now, and Arsenal will do an Arsenal and cave. Just being realistic.
    You could also say that we are top of the league and we've been pretty average,there some excellent features about us too including our ability to come from behind and we have a stoicism about us.
    There's massive scope for improvement in the way we play also and if that happens then we have a chance.
    City are favourites no doubt but I'd rather us chasing them than Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    That was a defining moment and a defining game.
    Trent scored his Carlos Alberto goal.
    I think we had just come beck from maybe the world club championship.
    Boxing day against Leicester. That was absolutely a major moment for a lot of fans. One where we thought, "we can actually win this".

It is Cities title to win. But we are in with a punchers chance.

Arsenal desperately need to win against Fulham or else the self doubt that started last season will surely be proven to be true in their heads. I always feel with Arteta's Arsenal that until they get the 1st one over the line that they lack the know how experience. Yes Arteta, Zinchenko and Jesus won at City but they weren't main man. Jesus or Zinchenko are not bringing that aura that we are going to do it because we are here. Zinchenko is very good in whipping up the crowd but is extremely inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Was it 18/19....or maybe 19/20 (December time is in my head, maybe a Boxing Day match) where we played a Leicester side managed by Brendan Rodgers and we beat them 4-0 in a match where it felt like we had 80% possession or something daft and always looked a threat?

I know we have had bigger scorelines, or big scorelines against better sides, or big scorelines against historically excellent sides - but I remember that 4-0 feeling like the most Cat-toying-with-a-Mouse performance we have had in a long, long time.

It would be lovely if we could get a match like that at some stage. Despite our League position I feel a lot of sides are coming up against us and thinking they have a chance - which they clearly do given the number of draws we have produced. It'd be excellent to boss a side and have it act as a deterrent for those sides that are fighting for whatever (European spots, relegation battle etc) and they end up thinking "sod it, save some energy for the next match, Liverpool have this" - we aren't there yet.
    At this moment in our development as a team, I believe the fact that teams feel they can get at us is a bonus, because we really struggle against average sides playing with a low block and happy with a draw….

That is the power that City currently have over us and every other side in the Premiership, it doesn’t matter how teams set up against them, at their best they find a way to blow teams away regardless of the opposing sides approach.

That is the ideal we must aspire too, but unfortunately we are not quite there yet…

However, what we are at the moment is a V8 team that is only just firing on either 4,5 and 6 cylinders at best, when we finally manage to fine tune everything and get firing in sync on all 8 cylinders, we certainly have the potential to be one hell of a team…

Let’s just keep all our fingers crossed and hope we see lots of that in the remaining games of the season, especially against City at home and when we play our nearest competitors in both the league, Europe and the domestic Cups.

If we can manage that, I think we have a great chance of a very special season….