Page 220 of 403 FirstFirst ... 120170210213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 4027

Thread: Other games

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Don't think it applies in the quarters, didn't we bum arsenal in the quarter finals before in the Ryan Babel days
    It was 2-2 going into the last ten minutes or so in the second leg at Anfield.. Which would've put Arsenal through after the first leg was 0-0. We then got 2 late on to win the game and tie 4-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    It was 2-2 going into the last ten minutes or so in the second leg at Anfield.. Which would've put Arsenal through after the first leg was 0-0. We then got 2 late on to win the game and tie 4-2.
    Such a wonderful evening.

Babel brought down in the box by Kolo Toure in the 84th minute, Gerrard converts the penalty, Torres brought off so Riise could come on (and take a yellow if needed if I recall) and we get a chance to counter due to Kuyt (?) launching it long towards Babel, who shrugs off the flailing Fabregas, only for Babel to slot it past Almunia so the Klopp can explode and we can breathe a collective sigh of relief after the serious scare that came with Adebayor's conversion of a Walcott assist that came from a jinky, Owen v Argentina style run.

Those European clashes with Rafa at the helm were something else. I wouldn't change our past as it led to the current moment (Klopp at the helm, challenging for a Quad, squad full of quality, promising youth coming through) but by God, I would have loved to have seen an alternate reality where Rafa got to finish assembling the team and squad he was working on, with some financial backing and with us maybe having beaten AC Milan in 06/07 rather than losing to them - or indeed getting a Final against Man United in 08/09 and beating them on the biggest stage for eternal bragging rights.

04/05 - 08/09 was such a ride and yet we only won two trophies. Those felt like Golden Years due to Istanbul, us loving Benitez, Gerrard peaking and us regularly going away to historic stadiums and bringing Home the win - yet this season we might - just might - go on to accomplish the ridiculous.

Get a room you filthy slags

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Get a room you filthy slags
    Dublin? Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Such a wonderful evening.

Babel brought down in the box by Kolo Toure in the 84th minute, Gerrard converts the penalty, Torres brought off so Riise could come on (and take a yellow if needed if I recall) and we get a chance to counter due to Kuyt (?) launching it long towards Babel, who shrugs off the flailing Fabregas, only for Babel to slot it past Almunia so the Klopp can explode and we can breathe a collective sigh of relief after the serious scare that came with Adebayor's conversion of a Walcott assist that came from a jinky, Owen v Argentina style run.

Those European clashes with Rafa at the helm were something else. I wouldn't change our past as it led to the current moment (Klopp at the helm, challenging for a Quad, squad full of quality, promising youth coming through) but by God, I would have loved to have seen an alternate reality where Rafa got to finish assembling the team and squad he was working on, with some financial backing and with us maybe having beaten AC Milan in 06/07 rather than losing to them - or indeed getting a Final against Man United in 08/09 and beating them on the biggest stage for eternal bragging rights.

04/05 - 08/09 was such a ride and yet we only won two trophies. Those felt like Golden Years due to Istanbul, us loving Benitez, Gerrard peaking and us regularly going away to historic stadiums and bringing Home the win - yet this season we might - just might - go on to accomplish the ridiculous.
    You're right Sid they were golden years.
    Some amazing nights, that's when the CL was it's best. Spring nights when it was still daylight at kick off.
    I always remember the 07,09 season as I just felt it was destiny that we were never to meet Utd in the European cup final,whoever got through first I felt the other was going out and that's how it went. It would have been too much for either fan base to lose. I don't think it'll ever happen.
    A real shame the way it petered out after the 09 season,we took those nights for granted, something I doubt we will do for a long time as it makes you appreciate how hard it is to stay in that bracket and keep up that constant level.

First up, Shitters v The Bitters.

Don’t think Everton are bad enough to go down so hoping they take points off Utd today as I don’t even want them in the Europa League next season

All Everton in the opening exchanges

Ffs really stupid trip by Tarkowski gifts Utd a penalty in the 11th minute after Everton make all the early running. Fernandes scores it.

Utd 1-0 Everton

Everton always have bent over for them bastards, today looking no different

And another pen 2-0

I take that back Everton may just be crap enough to go down

Two pathetic challenges in their own box by Everton defenders absolutely gifting a woeful Utd team three points here.

More points gifted to Utd today, when they have been shocking again

I believe Ten Hag has a win percentage at Utd of over 60%

How????

I feel like they win a lot of games 1-0 and don’t play well doing so. Not many convincing wins under ETH