Page 235 of 386 FirstFirst ... 135185225228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3853

Thread: Other games

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He looked at the spot afterwards - will be interested to see if a replay shows the ground giving way or if it was just him making excuses.

Inter are a better side than Atletico at the moment overall so they'll be all the more gutted not to progress.

As to your Man City scenario, I want Arsenal v Man City in the quarters or semi and naturally don't want an English side to win the competition.
    Yeah I definitely want to see Arsenal get City at some point and ideally the quarters but the semi wouldn't be too bad as it means theyre still in the CL and get another two tough games in amongst their league campaign,it does also mean that one would be going to the final which is probably something we're gonna have to live with anyway.
    City or Arsenal would comfortably beat Atletico I think but a bit of Simeone's shithousery could give them a few headaches.

Probably meet in the final knowing our luck - too late to have any impact

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Probably meet in the final knowing our luck - too late to have any impact
    Entirely possible.

- Atletico Madrid aren't as strong as 2013-2019 or so.
    - Barcelona are a shadow of their former selves.
    - Bayern are past a peak in terms of "cycles" or whatever and need some work.
    - Dortmund aren't their best either, which is understandable given some of the players sold over the years.
    - PSG generally flatter to deceive then fall short, though do have dangerous attackers.
    - Real Madrid aren't exactly weak, but aren't quite what they were, though Bellingham can drag them up in games.

I'd honestly back Man City against all of them annoyingly. Arsenal on the other hand are a harder read as they just don't trust themselves in Europe. I watched them against Porto and the most striking thing was that the Emirates wasn't exactly feral - their fanbase was ridiculously nervous/quiet for large chunks of the game rather than embracing being there and in a two-legged tie you need to be raucous at Home to help your players at times.

A side that can bring it against Arsenal for an intense 20-minute spell has the capacity to cause them a body-blow. PSG sometimes have nights where it just clicks and if Arsenal were to end up 2-0 down in a match it could be interesting, whereas Porto were only able to get that solitary goal.

Yep - I just can't quite get the thought out of my head - of Arteta winning the bulk of what Jurgen has managed in 9 years - in one season, with both him and Pep in situ. That would create a media frenzy that even Uniturd would struggle to match.

It could happen and would be such a cruel final curtain for Jurgen who is clearly the best manager on the planet.

Jurgen’s won 3 Prem titles as far as I’m concerned I don’t care what the record books say, in my heart I know Jurgen and our lads won the 18-19 & 21-22 Premier League titles fair & square

Got to be remembered we were badly fucked over in both our Champions League finals with Real they were praising that little prick who officiated the 21-22 final the other night, putting aside Thiago & Fab’s monumental fucks ups in the build up, Benzema was OFFSIDE for their goal you can’t say he’s not interfering, he lets it run literally an inch from his toe & his position & movement have very clearly affected the position of Alisson & Konate

Yea well we won it in 1989 too mate - but the fact is we didn't. We have just the single title to our name in 30 odd years. Frankly it's sad that a club of this size cannot point to far more successes on that front. If's-buts-&-maybe's don't cut the mustard I'm afraid - every club has a tale to tell.

In the hearts of most fans their team is the best in the world but it doesn't actually make it so.

Yea well we won it in 1989 too mate - but the fact is we didn't. We have just the single title to our name in 30 odd years. Frankly it's sad that a club of this size cannot point to far more successes on that front. If's-buts-&-maybe's don't cut the mustard I'm afraid - every club has a tale to tell.

In the hearts of most fans their team is the best in the world but it doesn't actually make it so.
    And you think with Roman we would have won 25.
    Give it a rest Steveo.
    We missed out on a lot but we were close many times.
    I like it that way.

Yep - I just can't quite get the thought out of my head - of Arteta winning the bulk of what Jurgen has managed in 9 years - in one season, with both him and Pep in situ. That would create a media frenzy that even Uniturd would struggle to match.

It could happen and would be such a cruel final curtain for Jurgen who is clearly the best manager on the planet.
    theres a kinda of difference. we finished on 94 points and 95 (i think thats the numbers) and we still didnt win the league. teams can only reach 94 now i think..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

West Ham take an early lead v Freiburg

Moysie masterclass 2-0

AC Milan ensuring that whatever we do tonight Slavia Prague won't be meeting Sparta Prague in the next round