Page 302 of 403 FirstFirst ... 202252292295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 4027

Thread: Other games

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Me too 100% - I didn’t see an Arsenal points drop let alone a loss AND at home. Hopefully we can eek ahead of them and wait for a slip from Shitty
    I looked at today's games and thought, we will win, at home.

Arsenal could drop points cos villa are good. This was the weekend I hoped we would open a small gap.

We fucked up. I don't see us staying with city. Optimism is good, and are ONLY 2 points behind city, but if we can't win at home against struggling teams, we ain't staying with city.

Quote Originally Posted by redgold View Post
    Out of interest, who would have Emery as the next manager?Done excellent things with Villa, a European pedigree (PSG doesn't count...), plus PL experience with a top club...
    He was talked about early on during the shortlist thread. I'd be good with it personally, got more of a pedigree than any other who was in the mix.
    I just don't think he'd leave there at the moment. He's building something good.

Quote Originally Posted by redgold View Post
    Out of interest, who would have Emery as the next manager?Done excellent things with Villa, a European pedigree (PSG doesn't count...), plus PL experience with a top club...
    I'd Carlo, then Alonso, then Emery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    I can’t stand City owned by Saudi Oligarchs blood money along with shitty Oasis & anything to do with them. We all know they’re get away with 115 charges. I have more beef with the Arseholes, made me cry when I was 11 losing that 89/90 season the famous 0-2 at Anfield. I can’t stand ArTITA & his antics. He really thought he was going to win the league.
    Artetas not a warm character still couldn't see how anyone would want cheats to win over non-cheats

It wull be 6 titles in 7 years fur City.

Most competitive league in th' world mah ass .
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    We fucked up. I don't see us staying with city. Optimism is good, and are ONLY 2 points behind city, but if we can't win at home against struggling teams, we ain't staying with city.
    Realistically, I think most would back Man City to win the League now.

What we should absolutely do is play for pride regardless. It would be all too easy for players to drop their level now and if Man City ended up having a wobble against Tottenham while Arsenal flop due to despair we could be left thinking "f**king Hell, if only we had dug in" - as they are mathematically catchable.

We're not winning the League, but don't understand any circumstance be left thinking "if only we did X" over the remaining matches.

Just want a 100% effort performance against Atalanta now. If we end up witnessing a crazy 4-4 game or a dull 0-0 where we cancel each other out I don't care - but I do want to see grit/spirit/desire and all those other over-used trope words.

Play for pride, play for the badge, play for Jürgen. Whatever results happen, happen.

Scottish Premiership looks interesting. Ross County beat Rangers this weekend.
    Not sure about what fixtures are remaining, but it looks like Rangers might need to beat Celtic at Ibrox at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I looked at today's games and thought, we will win, at home.

Arsenal could drop points cos villa are good. This was the weekend I hoped we would open a small gap.

I always felt Arsenal won't win all of their remaining 5 away games. I also thought their 2 home games Villa and Chelsea would present a moment.

I didn't see us losing against Palace, I was worried about United, Everton and West Ham (because Moues never beats us and it had that poetic feeling,) all 3 those games had those slip up elements, Palace I never saw.

I always felt that Arsenal are trying to convince themselves that they are but I felt that the way they celebrating blocks etc that is the sign of a team thay has not won stuff and thay there is nervous energy. I always felt that City are favorites and the only one who can win their remainder that is why our game against them was so pivotal. I always felt if we win that one. Also I more feel we let it slip in Decemver when they went off to club world cup. They had just lost and we could have opened up a 10 pt gap if we beat United and Arsenal at home, we didn't and drop 4 pts whilst they were away. That felt for me the pivotal time.

We will see now. Arsenal still have Spurs and Chelsea and now they have to go to Munich and thay can also completely knock their belief if they get beaten heavy.

It is Cities to lose, we can only hope in a miracle that 3rd time lucky that they finally let a late lead slip. But history tells us they are probably champions now. There just isn't that type of panic. Even when they went 2 down last game against Villa they just blitzed in 10 minutes and won the league. Their supporters know now they win it from here. I wish one day that air can return to Liverpool and we aren't tight ass to win when we get to last couple fo games and walk around with such enormous baggage that we stop enjoying

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    It wull be 6 titles in 7 years fur City.

Most competitive league in th' world mah ass .
    I've lived in Glasgow for 33 years. In that time we've had two 9 in a rows and the league has never left Glasgow. Come on Thistle, Hearts, Hibs ... anybody.
    Give me the EPL any day.
    PS if you fancy a pint let me know. I'd love to know if your spoken word matches your written work.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    We will see now. Arsenal still have Spurs and Chelsea and now they have to go to Munich and thay can also completely knock their belief if they get beaten heavy.

Bayern, Wolves, Chelsea and Tottenham (not necessarily in that order) in 9 days/10 days - something like that?
    They'll have done very well to get through all that unscathed if they pull it off.