Page 9 of 346 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Other games

Utd seemed to have spiralled since Ten Hag outed Sancho. Tried the same tactics as with Ronaldo but it has backfired this time

I do my best justme 😂

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Utd seemed to have spiralled since Ten Hag outed Sancho. Tried the same tactics as with Ronaldo but it has backfired this time
    It would be interesting to compile the "records" such as they are that are being broken there.

Jose Mourinho for example lost 17 matches in 93 League games with them - and they were delighted to see the back of him. Ten Hag has lost 13 matches already in 45 games - less than half the games required to tally up almost as many losses.

Mourinho also won the League cup, got them to the Final of the FA Cup, won the Europa and finished second in the League. Ten Hag looks very unlikely to match what Jose did unless there's a brilliant run of form out of nowhere.

They're awful at Home so the fact that 5 of their next 6 are away is probably good for them - I really hope he is still in charge when we play them. They're tight for money at present so sacking him and hiring someone else would be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Toxic squad who've downed tools on him. Another manager they'll get sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Toxic squad who've downed tools on him. Another manager they'll get sacked.
    They've Bruno as their Captain, which says it all.

Scattergun approach. They are in similar state to where we were after Kenny resigned. Club that were perennial winners losses their magic and fights the weight of expectation from all quarters.

It takes an exceptional manager to turn that tide. An exceptional personality. We saw with Ferguson at the Filth and Klopp more recently with us… I firmly believe that this is what it really takes.

All the talk about the club behind the scenes - imo - is just that… talk.

Strange isn’t it - WHEN you find a Busby.., a Shankly… a Clough…a Ferguson - a Wenger… a Klopp… That’s when suddenly things change - owners and the back room staff ALL strangely become excellent. The club instantly appears to be in the rudest of rude health.

The personality needs to be bigger - or at least project that he is bigger - than the club’s perception of itself. At that point, and with the charisma that takes, the journey begins

Here’s hoping they don’t find their man - because that is really all it takes at a club of their size.

They get Jose a few years earlier and I feel things might be very different.

Until they find him - Jose was correct… It’s all about ERA’tadge…!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Scattergun approach. They are in similar state to where we were after Kenny resigned. Club that were perennial winners losses their magic and fights the weight of expectation from all quarters.

It takes an exceptional manager to turn that tide. An exceptional personality. We saw with Ferguson at the Filth and Klopp more recently with us… I firmly believe that this is what it really takes.

All the talk about the club behind the scenes - imo - is just that… talk.

Strange isn’t it - WHEN you find a Busby.., a Shankly… a Clough…a Ferguson - a Wenger… a Klopp… That’s when suddenly things change - owners and the back room staff ALL strangely become excellent. The club instantly appears to be in the rudest of rude health.

The personality needs to be bigger - or at least project that he is bigger - than the club’s perception of itself. At that point, and with the charisma that takes, the journey begins
    Mourinho whilst not in the same category as those mentioned is a very big personality with a track record that's unreal. Even he got the boot and bemoaned things inside the club.
    All good runs come to an end and their fans are as guilty as we were for years just assuming the good times would return I think.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Mourinho whilst not in the same category as those mentioned is a very big personality with a track record that's unreal. Even he got the boot and bemoaned things inside the club.
    All good runs come to an end and their fans are as guilty as we were for years just assuming the good times would return I think.
    Yep but as mentioned a few years earlier and who knows.. lost his mojo a bit but he came close with them.. A few results here or there. We should all remember that Ferguson was very likely out of the door until Robbins scored in the cup..

So much can come down to one single moment.

God forbid but Jurgen might not even be here now had "corner taken quickly not materialised into that 4th goal.

I remember Louis van Gaal warning Ten Hag not to take the job. Said something like Ten Hag is a good football coach which Man Utd need, but they are a commercial club and he needs a football club. Thought he was just being bitter at the time!