Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Newcastle …VAR at it again

Wolves v Newcastle …VAR at it again

How on earth did VAR agree with the Referee and give the penalty to Newcastle…

A clear case of simulation if ever I saw one and yet both the Referee and VAR fall for it, hook line and sinker…

Just pathetic refereeing… just beggars belief, but typical of todays Refs and VAR officials.

Rant over…

And this is worth a new thread? why not post it in the matchday thread? we all know the VAR people are sodding garbage.. so whats new?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Oh yes Neto was awesome before going off with a hamstring injury, what a player he is ….hope we are looking at him going forward, seems a Klopp player tbh..

He is also leading the assist lead with 7 goals, and I have always liked Ait-Nouri tbf… just saying.. lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    And this is worth a new thread? why not post it in the matchday thread? we all know the VAR people are sodding garbage.. so whats new?
    In my defence, It wasn't a post about the match, more about the ineptitude of the Var and comments about 2 Wolves players but fair point..my bad.

Var never even looked at the Caicedo challenge in the Chelsea match. A complete waste of time and extra money for their mates.

I'd love to see VAR assess Bosingwa on Benayoun - one of the absolute craziest no-card-given situations I have ever seen on a football pitch.

Think neto will end up being at liverpool next season

I have a feeling
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Think neto will end up being at liverpool next season

I have a feeling
    I hope not to be honest unless we really, really, really know what we are at with the injury, rehab and assessment side of things.

The lad missed nearly 30 games with an ankle injury and over 50 with a knee injury - I'm always so hesitant when it comes to players with records like that and whilst he is a delight to watch, I'd rather look at other options.

Hopefully he stays fit this season, but good point

whatever the situation with salah in the summer, we still need a option that isn't ben Doak that's not slating him, but he needs experience and to be loaned out in my opinion.

Loaning Carvalho to RB Leipzig seems a waste of time so far mind
    Last edited by Kev0909; 28th October 2023 at 11:06 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Hopefully he stays fit this season, but good point

whatever the situation with salah in the summer, we still need a option that isn't ben Doak that's not slating him, but he needs experience and to be loaned out in my opinion.

Loaning Carvalho to RB Leipzig seems a waste of time so far mind
    Johan Bakayoko or Bryan Mbeumo would be potentially interesting options, but Salah's one of those lads that plays the overwhelming majority of games and I can't see either of those two being willing to sit on the bench.

A stylistic like-for-like player to cover/contribute who can operate as a "Salah-lite" and is content with limited minutes feels like a very awkward pick. I could honestly see us (for now, not indefinitely) using tactical tweaks with personnel we already have rather than utilising the transfer market.

Elliott can be used there, though the role changes and thus there's more for Núñez and Diaz (as examples) to do. Jota or Gakpo could be used centrally if Diaz is playing on the left to facilitate Núñez having a match on the right-wing, which changes the dynamic (right-footer) but may help stretch the play. Szoboszlai has also played right-wing in the past and if we decided to use him there (on what I would want to be rare occasions, as it takes him away from the 8 role) we'd hopefully have players who could fill in - Gravenberch and Elliott both potential options, maybe try Endo if it was an intense counter-press effort depending on the opposition.

Naturally if there is a suitable fit on the market that we can acquire I'm all for it, but with Salah playing so much and us not wanting a talent simply sitting on the bench it's a hard recruitment job.

Wonder who the "next" Carvalho/Elliott style signing could be?