Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Bournemouth Carabao Cup

Your team v Bournemouth Carabao Cup

Kelleher

Gomez Matip Quansah Bradley

Elliott Enzo Jones

Doak Gakpo Jota
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Kelleher

Elliott Gomez Quansah Bradley

GravenB Enzo Jones

Doak Gakpo Jota
    I'd make those changes, Elliott at RB Jones in Midfield - a reversal of the last day out in the cup.

Gravenberch rcm of a 3 in the above formation. A double pivot in a more 442 setup with Doak dropping deeper than Jota/Gapko.

Kelleher

Elliott Gomez Quansah Bradley

Doak GravenB Enzo Jones

Gakpo Jota

Doak and Bradley still injured, frustratingly.

Won't surprise me terribly if we go pretty strong.

The draw has made it a very winnable Tournament and a Cup win would be brilliant for a host of our newer/younger players. Lads like Van Dijk, Matip, Alisson, Trent, Robertson, Salah etc don't "need" a trophy win in the same way as they have won so much, but getting players like Núńez, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Gravenberch etc a taste of what's to come and getting the foundations of Liverpool 2.0 a trophy under their belt could be massive going forward.

The draw and the lack of Man City make it really attainable.

Also, in terms of rotation, it's worth noting how high our chances are now to qualify for the knock-out rounds of the Europa. There are key players that probably don't "need" to see a European match until February/March now so we could afford to utilise them in the 3 matches it would take to reach a League Cup Final.

Nice problem to have.

Liverpool 2.0?

We only ever had a Liverpool 1.0?

Didn’t exist as a force pre Klopp?

I am being pedantic I know but it needs to be stated.

It’s a Klopp Liverpool 2.0 that is in the thinking surely…

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Liverpool 2.0?

We only ever had a Liverpool 1.0?

Didn’t exist as a force pre Klopp?

I am being pedantic I know but it needs to be stated.

It’s a Klopp Liverpool 2.0 that is in the thinking surely…
    "When you want to change things you can't expect everything to click from the first moment. This was the new Liverpool, Liverpool 2.0! But this was only one glimpse of what we can be, we don't know where we can end up." - Klopp, in September.

I guess we could write him a letter?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    "When you want to change things you can't expect everything to click from the first moment. This was the new Liverpool, Liverpool 2.0! But this was only one glimpse of what we can be, we don't know where we can end up." - Klopp, in September.

I guess we could write him a letter?
    And it is the words of a German speaking in a non native tongue. Clearly talking about HIS Liverpool. It isn't Liverpool 2.0 for you and me - or anyone who isn't a child.. Honestly dude you must know this.

Oh and even when rehearsed Klopp isn't immune from talking utter bollox too. Apart from "the derby" soundbites regarding games against the Filth - we witnessed many times early doors he has made plenty of other gaffes.

He is a football man, not the font of all knowledge by his own admission.

Anyone looking for evidence need only recall his daft and ridiculous comments on drink drivers and the unvaccinated. Yea,, One might even suggest he has faced the effects of a type of karma in their wake too.

I love the man more than most - Jurgen Klopp is great - he is the single biggest reason we have won what we have in the near history - but His second team will never be Liverpool 2.0 no matter what he says.. We have won 6 European Cups - Count them.. 19 League titles.. Never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And it is the words of a German speaking in a non native tongue. Clearly talking about HIS Liverpool. It isn't Liverpool 2.0 for you and me - or anyone who isn't a child.. Honestly dude you must know this.
    I know it as well as you know I'm aware of us as a force prior to Klopp and as well as you are self-aware regards the self-confessed pedantry, yes.

I'm fairly sure you're swinging at thin air here Steveo.

I'm fairly sure both Jurgen and Sid are refering to the 2.0 moniker being added to Klopp's side and not LFC as a whole...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side