Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your team v Bournemouth Carabao Cup

In any case, it should be more like Liverpool 1.5 as at least half of that great side of 2019/22 are still here!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I'm fairly sure you're swinging at thin air here Steveo.

I'm fairly sure both Jurgen and Sid are refering to the 2.0 moniker being added to Klopp's side and not LFC as a whole...

And I am certain you have missed the point. It is almost certainly the case that 2.0 actually means Klopp's Liverpool 2.0 - and precisely WHY I am making the distinction clear. Which is all I was attempting to do really - see below.,

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Liverpool 2.0?

We only ever had a Liverpool 1.0?

Didn’t exist as a force pre Klopp?

I am being pedantic I know but it needs to be stated.

It’s a Klopp Liverpool 2.0 that is in the thinking surely…

This is why quoting Klopp in English is not the wisest thing to do. He has mentioned this himself on more than one occasion. AFCON - DOH...

We don't want to give mileage to the daft soundbite "Liverpool 2.0" do we? .. At least I don't..
    I think it is highly possible that your first "fairly sure" is more fairly than sure..?

And I am certain you have missed the point. It is almost certainly the case that 2.0 actually means Klopp's Liverpool 2.0 - and precisely WHY I am making the distinction clear. Which is all I was attempting to do really - see below.
    I guess this is where I am at with it -

Liverpool 2.0?

We only ever had a Liverpool 1.0?

Didn’t exist as a force pre Klopp?

I am being pedantic I know but it needs to be stated.

It’s a Klopp Liverpool 2.0 that is in the thinking surely…
    See, for me, it doesn't need to be stated at all.

Liverpool 2.0 is merely a short-hand or moniker for the continued evolution of our side, particularly having moved to a new selection of midfielders, aka a "new engine" and to a lesser extent a new attack force, with the departure of 2-of-3 of the attacking Triumvirate we had at our disposal previously. You don't have to like it or recognise it, but it's a moniker that has been used by Klopp himself, by many fans, by lads like Machin and Pajak (spelling?) on Redmen TV etc.

Had I been writing a significant piece of journalism for a newspaper, then, granted, that level of pedantry may have been good proof-reading in a journalistic context. But instead it was a relatively short post on a forum with a small user-base in a thread that won't be on the main page for terribly long and might at a push be read by about 40 lads as they skim onto other threads or indeed their many points of interest outside of LFC.

I very much doubt that anyone here (besides yourself, seemingly) would have drawn the conclusion that I was alluding to us currently experiencing the Dawn of a new Liverpool in the sense of a new line in the sand after our (to-date) previous

lengthy history simply because I failed to type "Klopp's" Liverpool 2.0 specifically - to borrow a Steveo-ism, you and I know it and anyone who isn't a child knows it - honestly dude, you must know this.

But for the purpose of anyone who is unclear on the intent behind what I said, past, present and future uses of the moniker "Liverpool 2.0" by Sid on the forums refer to the current and future state of the evolving rebuild under Klopp and exclusively separates the current rendition of the side from the team that won the Premier League and Champion's League with the likes of Fabinho, Henderson, Firmino and Mane in the side and is not in any way intended as a linguistic distinction from the present and future of the club against between Liverpool FC's entire history prior to the 23/24 season.

All uses of "Liverpool 2.0" need not be recognised by forum user Steveo and any light-hearted quip from Sid involving the quoting of our Manager in reference to any pedantry or use (and misuse!)
    of the moniker should be shunned and subjected to scrutiny from the community at large.

Punishment should be severe in such instances, though consideration should be present on account of Sid being a mere child.

All rights for Steveo to say words to the effect of "don't be so sensitive" or "what a Psycho" or "you're being irrational" will be granted without challenge and accompaniment with any Alan Partridge material from YouTube should of course be endorsed.

Forum users will be welcome on Saturday to the Open-Invitation gathering to celebrate this landslide victory for the reigning Champion of the Internet Steveo - there will be cocktails and snacks for all, with pin-the-tail-on-the-Sid amongst other classic games like PGMOL Charades and Sheikh Monopoly - and for all the parents out there, don't despair as children (like Sid) aren't invited - so drink up me Hearties, yo-ho!

And I am certain you have missed the point. It is almost certainly the case that 2.0 actually means Klopp's Liverpool 2.0 - and precisely WHY I am making the distinction clear. Which is all I was attempting to do really - see below.,

This is why quoting Klopp in English is not the wisest thing to do. He has mentioned this himself on more than one occasion. AFCON - DOH...

We don't want to give mileage to the daft soundbite "Liverpool 2.0" do we? .. At least I don't..
    I think it is highly possible that your first "fairly sure" is more fairly than sure..?
    So where's the argument?

You think Klopp's 2.0 is for Klopp's era and not for the club generally

I think Klopp's 2.0 is for Klopp's era and not for the club generally

(Without wanting to speak for Sid) Sid thinks Klopp's 2.0 is for Klopp's era and not for the club generally

(and again withouting being able to speak for Jurgen) Klopp thinks Klopp's 2.0 is for Klopp's era and not for the club generally.

I think we can all agree it's an awful moniker, and I wish commentators and pundits would stop using it!

Anyway, back to tonight's game.

I'm looking forward to see what our young and squad players can do again tonight. They've been really good in both the Europa and the League Cup so far.

Is Doak fit for this one?

And it is the words of a German speaking in a non native tongue. Clearly talking about HIS Liverpool. It isn't Liverpool 2.0 for you and me - or anyone who isn't a child.. Honestly dude you must know this.
    It's the the second side he's building you curmudgeonly fuck

Yep - we sure do have some simpletons in these here parts. 😜

Yep - we sure do have some simpletons in these here parts. 😜
    Probably couldn't even solve a simple nagaram, the redrats