Thread: Salah named the Premier League Player of the Month for October

Salah named the Premier League Player of the Month for October

Mohamed Salah has been named Premier League’s Player of the Month for October, after scoring five goals for the Reds’ during the month.…

Full story

Goals change games, but apart from the goal contributions I do think Salah ‘s contribution has been woeful so far this season…

Maybe I am being overly critical, but so far Salah’s inability to retain possession and actually beat a man has been seriously off the mark this season… just saying.

However if he keeps scoring and assisting at the same rate all good, we can forgive him for being so wasteful, but if he doesn't it could prove to be a real problem, because we are effectively playing with just 10 men.

Really..? Our top scorer and top assister while suffering this level of critique…? Hmm must be some player…

Oh yes..

Just imagine the praise and media love in were he Brazilian..

Yes really, it’s like winning games consistently against the run of play, great results but you know the results are just papering over the obvious cracks…

Humour me, lets say this season Salah hadn’t scored and we are in the same league position, would you be happy with his overall performances.

I am sure deep down Salah is really disappointed with his own performances this season, and yes he has set the bar unbelievably high, praise him when praise is due, but thats doesn't preclude him from any level of criticism…

With regards where he is actually from having any bearing on my comments, Wow thats is plainly not the case, trust me if he was a fellow scouser I would call him out regardless, I used to give Jay Spearing no end of grief when he played for us.. but hey ho we all see things differently I guess.

The very nature of Salah’s game means he will often frustrate. He takes risks to get reward. This is the way of any player attempting to emulate these numbers. It’s easier when you have a prime Bobby grafting tirelessly & pulling the strings AND a fit as Fook, equally tireless, tenacious and blisteringly quick Mané on the opposite flank from you.

BUT nobody is accounting for him acclimatising to an entire new front line and now a virtually new midfield. Yet one thing consistently remains… the numbers. Numbers - let’s face it - without which, would have hugely jeopardised our trophy haul.

For the rest - I am suggesting that the media are responsible for the lack of earned adulation flowing in Mo’s direction. Just as the Youtube video alludes to. I go a bit further - I see it as politically motivated - tinged with an imperialist mindset. Catholic South Americans be they black white or brown = Ok. We can adore them… But an Egyptian..? An African with a distinctly Arabic Muslim name…? Were he Spanish, French or South American he would be rightly known for being one of - if not the greatest in his position in the Premier League era - yet so many are shocked at this when it is put to them.

Not sure that we can say "apart from his goals and assists" really when they're getting us points on the board, especially with a fairly new-look attack and a very new-look midfield.

I understand wanting more - I think we all demand more of most players most of the time - but I think he is having an excellent season overall.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Goals change games, but apart from the goal contributions I do think Salah ‘s contribution has been woeful so far this season…

Maybe I am being overly critical, but so far Salah’s inability to retain possession and actually beat a man has been seriously off the mark this season… just saying.

However if he keeps scoring and assisting at the same rate all good, we can forgive him for being so wasteful, but if he doesn't it could prove to be a real problem, because we are effectively playing with just 10 men.
    I agree. Salah is having great numbers not great overall play. We are back to creating multiple opportunities per game so poor touches or passes by any player in the final third is not noticeable because another moment arrives so quickly.

You can't take away from a player because he still has to put the ball in thr net, even if it is tap in or 1 v 1 with keeper. So Salah despite not having a electric season, is having a efficient season i would say.