Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries: Liverpool Squad 23/24

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Will be interesting to see what the "Trent can't defend" crowd will make of the coming weeks then.

I remember Gomez being interviewed and revealing that he enjoyed playing in midfield when he was younger. I wonder if Bradley will get a turn at right-back, with Gomez remaining in the left and us inverting the box midfield set-up while Trent is out, so that Gomez comes in from the left when we have possession and Konate/Van Dijk/Bradley shift across - or perhaps Quansah will be used in an unexpected way.

Find out soon!
    Trent is the most dribbled past player in the entire premier league.

2.3 per game, next in our own defence 0.9 per game

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Will be interesting to see what the "Trent can't defend" crowd will make of the coming weeks then.

I remember Gomez being interviewed and revealing that he enjoyed playing in midfield when he was younger. I wonder if Bradley will get a turn at right-back, with Gomez remaining in the left and us inverting the box midfield set-up while Trent is out, so that Gomez comes in from the left when we have possession and Konate/Van Dijk/Bradley shift across - or perhaps Quansah will be used in an unexpected way.

Find out soon!
    I don't see gomez coming into midfield from the full back. I think it will be bradley and gomez at full back until robbo is back. Then gomez to right full.

That's as long as gomez and Konate stay fit. Both worry me.

We have also have lost a huge creative source with trent out so the midfield need to step up big time. Hopefully Diaz continues his current form in the last 2 games.

An unreal list of players unavailable for tonight, either through injury or international duty.

Salah
    Trent
    Szoboszlai
    Matip
    Robertson
    Thiago
    Tsimikas
    Endo
    Bajcetic
    Doak
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

You would imagine the medical dept' must be getting a rocket from Jurgen!

I know injuries are going to happen, and they are happening more due to the amount of games that the players play nowadays and that we'll probably suffer more than most due to the intensity that we play but the numbers we pick up suggests there is a more insidous underlying issue. As it seems to happen every year.

I know people will moan about the squad, but we can only register 25 players and if 10 of them are injured at the same time then we have to rely on the youngsters.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

2 players are absent as known quantities.

Salah and Endo. Anyone counting Doak as a starter is reaching,

Also And Thiago hasn’t featured in well over a year, Bajcetic also a long term absentee - still a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    2 players are absent as known quantities.

Salah and Endo. Anyone counting Doak as a starter is reaching,

Also And Thiago hasn’t featured in well over a year, Bajcetic also a long term absentee - still a child.
    Don't think anyone had Doak down as a starter. But he did get a couple of games as a sub and was showing some potential before he got injured. You probably missed that while complaining on the match thread.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Aw bless.