Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries: Liverpool Squad 23/24

Wonder if we'll look at a LB anytime soon, who's younger..... I feel like robertson has peaked
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It's a crying shame for sure but he did have hip surgery - that's usually a huge wait. Virgil missed 254 days with a cruciate ligament tear. Thiago was always a delicate player. Shame he didn't get to play too often with players better at controlling the ball..

In hindsight (at this moment in time) it may seem to have been best to get some dosh for him BUT Klopp had the chance and chose to keep him. He is by a distance our best technician, he could prove crucial in winning things later on this season. The available team we have right now is unlikely to get us over the line. Great win v Arsenal but - we saw the game.. Unless some key players return - and Thiago IS one - we could well come up short.

Lest we forget - March last year

https://www.daveockop.com/latest-news/image-shocking-stat-reveals-liverpools-woeful-injury-record/

Bit of a stretch counting Melo

Take out melo and we're level with chelsea

[IMG][/IMG]
    Doesn't really correspond with the league positions too much.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Doesn't really correspond with the league positions too much.
    Lest we forget - super Melo WAS our last minute Midfield saviour signing? Remember - the one we desperately needed.

But ok - IF you think it dents the factual account 😜 - let’s take him out - let’s pretend he was fit and firing… and be with Chelsea who were the next worst affected in the league - strangely…BOTH us and they missed out on CL football entirely.

Good morning

So 8 wasn't in training yesterday. Hopefully today though...

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Wonder if we'll look at a LB anytime soon, who's younger..... I feel like robertson has peaked
    Think we will definitely be looking - I'd expect one of Tsimikas or Robertson to depart in the next 18-30 months.

Get them to Saudi is no longer possible. its a busted flush. so when time comes for players to move on. Probably the Dutch league now.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    So 8 wasn't in training yesterday. Hopefully today though...
    Soz8 (friggin autocorrect)....

Choo-choo....

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Lest we forget - super Melo WAS our last minute Midfield saviour signing? Remember - the one we desperately needed.

But ok - IF you think it dents the factual account 😜 - let’s take him out - let’s pretend he was fit and firing… and be with Chelsea who were the next worst affected in the league - strangely…BOTH us and they missed out on CL football entirely.

Good morning
    Lest we forget what - seems to suggest there's some point of view that I've forgotten, please remind me what it is I've forgotten.

What did the loss of Melo mean to Jurgen and our boys ?

Elliot played more minutes than Keita, Ox & Melo combined all comps last year.
    I'm delighted them 3 didn't get a contact extension and said as much last summer. Get em 2 out at any cost.

Exclude Melo and we're at the bottom with Newcastle & Chelsea for injuries

1st Manc 89 lower than usual points total sub90
    2nd Arse 84 had a break out start to the season finished with a second place points total.

Thereafter
    3rd Manu 75
    4th Toon 71
    5th LFC 67
    6th Brighton 62
    Made up the top 6

12th place Chelsea finished on 44 points... lest we forget

And we're still ahead of them this year.

Injuries impacted us, failing to adapt killed us.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

Oooooooooooooooooooooo

Ooooo

Mo Salah coming off injured after 45 minutes in Egypt’s game v Ghana

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Lest we forget what - seems to suggest there's some point of view that I've forgotten, please remind me what it is I've forgotten.

What did the loss of Melo mean to Jurgen and our boys ?

Elliot played more minutes than Keita, Ox & Melo combined all comps last year.
    I'm delighted them 3 didn't get a contact extension and said as much last summer. Get em 2 out at any cost.

Exclude Melo and we're at the bottom with Newcastle & Chelsea for injuries

1st Manc 89 lower than usual points total sub90
    2nd Arse 84 had a break out start to the season finished with a second place points total.

Thereafter
    3rd Manu 75
    4th Toon 71
    5th LFC 67
    6th Brighton 62
    Made up the top 6

12th place Chelsea finished on 44 points... lest we forget

And we're still ahead of them this year.

Injuries impacted us, failing to adapt killed us.

Say whaaaat?

What in the living fook are you on about man? Why not take out one of Newcastles longest term injuries.

You are forgetting that Melo was our ONLY addition to an already broken midfield that had played 63 games and had no pre season.

Club prioritising a sale over the squad. A lona singing made on the last day for an injury prone player. Who can say what effect the loss of Melo had on Klopp’s team? One thing that did result was that we ultimately missed out on a CL Mainly due to the severe lack of any consistent front line until deep into the season.

Injuries - Injuries hampered us massively. You ask to take out Melo’s missed games - Why not take out the missed games of one of Newcastles players- They had just spent 150,000,000 net kn a squad that had already spent a good wedge. They only finished 4 points ahead of us still.

The point stands - I know you would STILL try and argue against - but IF the club is citing another injury crisis - it is the 3rd in4 seasons.

What could be the cause?