Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries: Liverpool Squad 23/24

Very small game sample, but Jota seems to do ok when salah is out.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Very small game sample, but Jota seems to do ok when salah is out.
    Did I ever tell you about my pet Kev??

Kev is a pet? :O
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Jurgen has just said Mo is coming back to the club to do his rehab. And if he's fit and Egypt get to the final he'll go back .
    Excellent news

Sounds like a very good outcome considering.

I know there was mention of Szoboszlai being available for Fulham.

Personally I would see if we can navigate Fulham and Norwich without him, then get him back for that Chelsea match at Anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Not a bad scenario that, glad hes on his way home. Means they cant force him to play if hes not fit.
    Good point. Let's hope they get KO'd without him.

I hope they win it for Salahs sake. but lets hope hes not there to play. But we'll see
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Approximation of the games Salah will miss -

- Fulham (Cup)
    - Norwich (Cup)
    - Chelsea
    - Arsenal
    - Burnley
    - Brentford

A loss, but I think we should manage. Have said it already but of those matches, the Arsenal one concerns me the most - quietly confident on the rest.

Just feel the timing of it from a squad-rotation perspective, combined with it being an away fixture, combined with the missing lads that will likely narrowly miss being back for it stacks a lot against us.

We can win it of course, we're Boss - but we'll be playing it with a thin squad, tired players and knowing that the pace/energy of the match could lead to ANOTHER injury for someone. The fact that Szoboszlai will be back for it (unless we are very unlucky) will be brilliant for our midfield, but I have concerns about the amount of minutes lads like Gomez and Núñez will have clocked up by the time it comes around - or indeed how many games on the spin young Bradley will have had to play.

Still. If we get through February still top of the League and get lads like Tsimikas, Robertson, Endo, Salah and Trent back for March..... we'll look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Approximation of the games Salah will miss -

- Fulham (Cup)
    - Norwich (Cup)
    - Chelsea
    - Arsenal
    - Burnley
    - Brentford

A loss, but I think we should manage. Have said it already but of those matches, the Arsenal one concerns me the most - quietly confident on the rest.

Just feel the timing of it from a squad-rotation perspective, combined with it being an away fixture, combined with the missing lads that will likely narrowly miss being back for it stacks a lot against us.

We can win it of course, we're Boss - but we'll be playing it with a thin squad, tired players and knowing that the pace/energy of the match could lead to ANOTHER injury for someone. .....

Is it, though?
    (A loss, I mean).
    Because from the sounds of it, it seems like Mo will miss just about the same number of games he would have missed if Egypt got to the final (which they did the in the last AFCON before losing to Mane's Senegal).

And we did okay that month without the two of them not just going unbeaten but only not winning one game, I believe.

Not to say the same will necessarily happen this time around (either Egypt getting to the final or ourselves have that same kind of run).
    But I feel like people tend to place an overly disproportionate amount of importance on Mo's absence or availability for us.
    The key, I feel is keeping Jota and one of either Nunez or Gakpo healthy through that run and have a decent contribution from the midfield in the goals department.

Also, we went to Arsenal's barn with a weakened and injury-hit squad and still managed to beat them even with Klopp throwing in the kids in the final minutes, seemingly in an effort to avoid having to deal with a replay even if it meant getting knocked out.
    I feel we have enough about ourselves to take them again, as they know we don't fear anything about playing them at their place and getting points from them there.

In closing, yes, a healthy Mo would actually be not just welcome but preferable to have in our lineup than not, but his absence doesn't necessarily mean we're going to struggle like all the pundits seem to be intimating.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!