Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries: Liverpool Squad 23/24

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Joel is out for months, rumour is its a minimum of three. Big blow that, he's been playing really well this season. These are just the sort of breaks you can't afford many of if you're going to go for a title. We already have Robertson gone long term.....
    Hopefully we'll manage & step forward Mr Jarell Quansah....
    ACL being reported which would mean the end of his career at LFC..... Shame if true, poor Joel....

Yeah sounds like hes finished with us. He can retire to the saudi league and make millions
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Fucks sake that's sad news.

I wonder if they'll buy one in January?
    Doubtful I guess as we seem to have enough. We'd be knackered with another injury but four should and would normally be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Doubtful I guess as we seem to have enough. We'd be knackered with another injury but four should and would normally be sufficient.
    how do we have enough?

Let a young lad play most games? Gomez CB? Ouch

squad is to small as it is, we need more depth... not exactly a great injury record at the back, i'm not surprised matip has broke down, i'm more surprised gomez has kept fit for this long

Look at the bench v shefield already
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    As maligned as he is, one of my main injury concerns would actually be Gomez.

Probably sounds mad to some and I can understand why, but he is now covering left-back, covering right-back and covering a centre-back slot, with the left-back and centre-back slots already compromised with Robertson and Matip injuries.

He isn't our best player by any means, but he absolutely has an important part to play this season the way things are going, so he is one of the lads we most need to avoid an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    As maligned as he is, one of my main injury concerns would actually be Gomez.

Probably sounds mad to some and I can understand why, but he is now covering left-back, covering right-back and covering a centre-back slot, with the left-back and centre-back slots already compromised with Robertson and Matip injuries.

He isn't our best player by any means, but he absolutely has an important part to play this season the way things are going, so he is one of the lads we most need to avoid an injury.
    Yep. Both he and Konate have had their fair share of time out. He does have games where can have a nitemare but we wouldn't get better for a back up utility player. Or if we did we'd be paying a fortune and it would be silly when he's bought and paid for.
    He's not world class but he covers bases and is capable.

If we had signed a couple of centre backs and a couple of full backs last summer it wouldn't have been all that stupid. But we have Luke Chambers, Conor Bradley, Quansah, and don't forget Endo can fill in at centre back.

Endo's height will obviously be an enormous asset.

A 5 foot nothin' centur back. Whit cuid go wrong?

Terrible news aboot Matip.