Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1619202122232425262728293031323336 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries: Liverpool Squad 23/24

I'm expecting Bajcetic to be 7ft 2" when he finally returns to the first team....

And be promptly sold by the new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    And be promptly sold by the new manager.
    Not if it's Xabi.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not if it's Xabi.
    No, that could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I'm expecting Bajcetic to be 7ft 2" when he finally returns to the first team....
    And built like Arnold Schwartzenegger

Might be a little cumbersome though.

His deepfake looks more nimble

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    And built like Arnold Schwartzenegger
    He'll be back!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I hear it could be PCL with Jota. it all depends if he needs surgery. 6/9 months out then., otherwise could be 2/3 weeks. Its time Jota got some luck and us as well
    A Grade 1 tear would likely be 4 weeks - if it's a Grade 1 we are laughing as he would still be available (if he doesn't have setbacks) for the end of March and for the April and May period, which would be brilliant.

If he is out for longer.....well, the less said about that the better. Diaz and Gakpo will need to bring their best and the squad will need to be very intelligently rotated as we really want as many of Núñez, Salah and Jota on the pitch as possible at all times and we can't run Núñez and Salah into the ground.

The FA Cup, some of our "weaker" League opposition and some Europa League games will definitely need some fringe/youth players if we want to make a serious go of the remaining 13 League games to try and win the League.

Just another note - if it's an 8-week injury let's say, then as gutting as that would be, we can take the positives of him not being out for the start of next season and also not "really" being out for 8 weeks - unless the game is rescheduled we play Everton on March 17th and then wouldn't play Brighton until March 31st, so in practical terms it would "only" be 6 weeks due to internationals.

All speculation as we don't know the extent of his injury (Klopp's presser is on Tuesday I think?) but even if it was 8 weeks, we would still have him back for the last 6/7 League games and contributions in the Europa League if we were still competing.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

With regards the injury to Jota, I was wondering did anyone else feel like me at the time and after watching a playback, feel that the player in question fell on Jota with intent rather than by accident. It just looked like a dead drop onto to Jota to me, rather than a player trying to soften his fall with an outstretched arm etc….

If I am being honest, the players actions on Saturday looked similar to that of Partey on Diaz last season…which Ivalso suspected was deliberate rather than accidental.

I might be seeing something that isnt there, but I would be interested in hearing others view on the same incident.