Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617

Thread: Match Thread : Man City v Liverpool

- LASK
    - Fulham
    - Sheffield United
    - Crystal Palace
    - Fulham

5 matches there that provide an excellent chance to build momentum before the mid-December game against Man United.

Most importantly, 5 matches that will test whether or not we can avoid complacency.

On paper we should be expecting to win those League games and topping our Europa group, yet we all know we have the capacity to phone in a performance in one of the away League games to Sheffield United or Crystal Palace and be gutted that we didn't play better.

Man City have a couple of trickier fixtures ahead - can we go into that game against Man United as League leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Good result tbf…defensively we were dogged and determined and rode our luck, so on reflection “ all things considered… Not too bad “ ( quote # Bill Bailey :-) )

However, our attacking players Salah, Nunez, Jota, Jones, Dom S have all had better games, and so like Klopp said if we have been more clinical in front of goal, and composed with our final ball, the opportunities we did manage to create might have allowed us to really bloody their nose…

Hopefully our players see this performance and result as a massive positive and gain sufficient confidence from it to get our attacking rhythym back and start playing with a bit more fluidity and belief…starting on Thursday against Lask at Anfield …
    Yep. Surprisingly tight at the back! Other than the goal I thought we defended really well, they didn't have too many real opportunities.

Deffo more of a point gained than 2 lost though. I'd rather be 2 behind Arsenal than 4 behind City!

We've had a toughish opening 3rd of the season in terms of fixtures. I think we'd all have taken the points total, position and gap to the top at this point of the season.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Yep. Surprisingly tight at the back! Other than the goal I thought we defended really well, they didn't have too many real opportunities.

Deffo more of a point gained than 2 lost though. I'd rather be 2 behind Arsenal than 4 behind City!

We've had a toughish opening 3rd of the season in terms of fixtures. I think we'd all have taken the points total, position and gap to the top at this point of the season.
    Agree. It's ticking over nicely.
    There'll be bumps in the road but we'll be there or there abouts.
    Virgil is looking almost back to his best too, I'm buzzing about that as I didn't think it would happen and I'm very happy to have been wrong on that ( without tempting fate obviously). If he can stay at this level we can keep him for another couple of years easily.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    wow, I bet them nob heads at city put in a complaint?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't have any issues with Macca, he's much better there than Fab ever was, i would like to see Andre added in January to bolster that position further and allow us to use Mac further forward in some games. Also like to see Mac get a look in on edge of the area free kicks, i'm pretty sure that's the specific area he's good from
    Macca isnae fit tae lace Fab's bits in th' 6 role. Ah dae think we need tae play him further forward.

On th' gam, a point at City is ne'er a bad result.

I think he knows he is just playing there either til Endo gets up to speed (I think he is already, but loads of people on here think he is no good) or until we get someone in January (maybe Andre).