Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Man City v Liverpool

We're the first to get a point from the Etihad in 23 games and in the calender year of 2023, and in doing so have broken their bid to break an almost 100 year record of consecutive home wins.

That's not anything to sniff at.

And you know they wanted that record with how they tried to go for the win at the end there.

I'll gladly take that point, but we still need somemore tinkering in our line-up and in the squad so you hope the "transfer committee" is looking at bringing in some good pieces in, during the January window.

Most pundits and even our own former players had us losing this game anywhere between 2-1 and 4-1, so that just shows how much better we did than the form book and the oddsmakers had us down for.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

The lads gave everything.. they had to work hard. having been on international duty. Hopefully Jota and Alisson are ok
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

City didn't have DE Bruyne and Stones. We didn't have Robbo. So they csn say they missed key players. But this was near their best 11 and they couldn't beat us.

We didn't play well second half. And yet they couldn't raise their game to win and get a second. Their powder looked dry. If Arsenal think they are contenders then this is their best chance. City don't look like a juggernaut. We going to be 2 pts behind the leaders if Arsenal win. I would have taken it. We are dark horses we must just go in a run now we are in the mix. Strange United can move within 4 of us and yet they are in crisis supposedly shows that this is that type of 2016/2017 season when Leicester won it. Besides the bottom 3 think the league is more competitive especially the top 20 ir so teams there are no easy pts. Good managers like Silva, Frank, de Zerbi etc. even Moyes side is not easy.

Form wise Klopp has to drop Maca. Not his fault his not a 6. Play Endo. I would also start Grav in that midfield.

I hope we get a 6 in Jan.

City are so soulless. The stadium was cathedral silent. It was entertain us then we will support you. All their players went there for money and trophies but wow what a shite club to play for.

Always happy with taking points off that lot

WOW.... fantastic point won.
    City definitely lost 2 points.
    If only we had their movement to go with our determined flair.
    Almost all we did confused City, you have to give Jurgen credit for balls.
    Totally made up, made my weekend. Well done lads.
    (we did play totally crap mind)
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    City are so soulless. The stadium was cathedral silent. It was entertain us then we will support you. All their players went there for money and trophies but wow what a shite club to play for.
    There's a moment from a previous season where De Bruyne is looking out over a "crowd" (if it can be called that) if Man City fans after they've won a title and I remain convinced that he is thinking what it would be like to be celebrating in front of actual fans.

Very happy with that. Neither side anywhere near their best but I think we just about deserved a point.

How Neville gave MotM to Tren over Doku is baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    There's a moment from a previous season where De Bruyne is looking out over a "crowd" (if it can be called that) if Man City fans after they've won a title and I remain convinced that he is thinking what it would be like to be celebrating in front of actual fans.
    100% he wishes he'd played for us. It'll never be said but it's an unwritten fact.