Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Man City v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    No one mentioned Tsimi, did well today, away from home against some of the best on the planet.
    Matip was also great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Just reading through the thread . I'll go against the grain and say I thought we played well and MacAllister had a great game. He's great in tight spaces and finds a forward pass more often than not.
    Thought I'm a glass half full kinda guy !!
    Macca can play ball. Not scared of the ball. Not scared to try a pass. It is defensively he is a problem as a 6 he is too slow and slight. Players breeze past him too easily. But as a 8 I don't doubt him. I actually think Sz8 would do a better job as the 6 cause he is quick and strong. Not that I am saying he must be the 7. I'm just saying if I was forced to I would play him as the 6 and Macca as the 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yeah the upcoming games are intriguing - our next two League games look like the dreaded "SHOULD win" matches where we can sometimes be a bit complacent, whereas Man City will have two of the sides competing for Champion's League spots in Aston Villa and Tottenham.

Would absolutely love it if both those sides could nick draws against Man City but that is asking a lot.

In terms of how the game panned out today and the far reaches of footballing history, I'm just so delighted those lot didn't win so we don't have to see that "fastest to 50" clip hundreds of times knowing we got beaten - it just isn't going to have anything like the sting given that we got a draw - and a "point gained" rather than "2 points dropped" draw at that!
    We've played alot better in bygone Jurgen years and came away from there with nothing. So definitely a point gained.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Macca can play ball. Not scared of the ball. Not scared to try a pass. It is defensively he is a problem as a 6 he is too slow and slight. Players breeze past him too easily. But as a 8 I don't doubt him. I actually think Sz8 would do a better job as the 6 cause he is quick and strong. Not that I am saying he must be the 7. I'm just saying if I was forced to I would play him as the 6 and Macca as the 8.
    We've just went to arguably the best team in the worlds back yard who rested their best players this past week and held our own. If it wasn't for a huge strike of luck for them that Ali kicked a ball straight to their player, who knows, we might just be going back to Anfield with all 3 points. The whole squad deserves credit and Mac played the ball well today IMO.

I thought Matip was poor at times. kept giving the ball away with easy passes.
    Good result though.. at least its not 4 points from the top 1 point is nothing. I thinks its 2 now though with Arsenal winning
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Need to put Arsenal back in their box, three points, not one.

Great result, feel like we'd have done better with Gravenberch starting.... but can't complain better than expected.

Didn't like the midfield that started, but heyho.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 25th November 2023 at 11:57 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Very good performance and decent result

No disrespect to Jones but crazy to think Gravenberch is younger.

Got 3 games coming up we need to win them all, palace away is hardest.. then we have utd at home, and arsenal a bit after......

Win all 5, top of the league going into next year, simples.

well unless city win next 5..... which is possible
    Last edited by Kev0909; 26th November 2023 at 12:30 AM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post

I've been thinking that myself for a few weeks TBH.