Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Man City v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I was actually happy enough he was starting as he doesn't lose the ball. Offers little else but one thing we can't afford to do is give up the bal easily against this lot.
    Yeah I agree, And Still all to play for. We're not out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I was actually happy enough he was starting as he doesn't lose the ball. Offers little else but one thing we can't afford to do is give up the bal easily against this lot.
    I hear you but there was an incident where he almost lost it and then got lucky then lost it and then they went up the pitch and almost made it 2.

All I'm saying is if I compare him with Foden, Foden is clear he is going to express his talent whereas Jones is just happy to not make a mistake. Elliot whom I don't want in midfield at all, but one thing I like of him he tries to make things happen. But I don't rate him as a starting player. But I like that he Elliot backs himself. Jones doesn't.

Jota and Jones off as they are not doing it

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Would rather Diaz and Gravenberch were starting but maybe they can come on and tip a tight game in our favour.
    Jota and Jones off Diaz and Gravenberch is my thoughts..

However, another game were we just stand off players without any serious challenge / tackles made….City just easily progress through our midfield at will, with just two or three Sunday league quality basic passes without any of our players getting within 5 -10 yards… we are shocking defensively…

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Jones and Jota both look off the pace.
    Trent hasn't been able to get on the ball with his distribution.
    Macca doesn't have the pace to get back and help out Trent when City break.
    Defensively we've done well though.
    Alisson slipped when he kicked that ball to Ake. Made up for it with that fantastic save from Foden.
    Still in the game. I think we'll see Luis and Gravenberch second half.
    Why the hell does he have to need helping out though?

How hard is it to remember that one of the most dangerous wingers in the Premier league at the moment is probably going to hug that sideline as much as possible and as any wing player would when playing against us, so that maybe you don't give them that much space and freedom in the world to run into all the inevitable passes he'll get and all the time in the world to pick a cross or make a run inside when make the late decision to try to close him down (if you do)?
    So much so that when Macca inevitably has to go down there to help him out it creates another hole in defense and our shape then inevitably collapses.

It's like clockwork and happens the same way against every team we play,...that has a manager with a brain or a decent and smart intelligent winger with some pace.

The combination of a fullback who doesn't have the most basic instincts that a player in his position should have and a "DM" that is anything but just had disaster written all over it against a team like this.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Hmmm no changes at half time, Jurgen rarely does.

Nunez doesn't believe that he is. It will come with time as long as he doesn't lose his pace. But he lacks a bit of greed and believe. It is great that he looks for Mo but sometimes just do your thing.

Salah has been anonymous.

Big second half needed - come on the reds

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I don't get it.
    Why is he in the starting line up here?
    Of all the games.

He's barely putting any effort in helping cover players or high presisng when his teammates are, and his decision-making on whether to pass (and pass early when a teammate is open) or take a shot has just been godawful.

He's the player you bring on in the 86th minute when you have a 2-0 or 3-0 lead.
    Not the starter you hope will create for you some chances early on.

I really don't get it.
    I don’t get it either , I genuinely don’t see what anyone sees in jones, he is bang average in every department

Salah needs to trim his hair & beard, it’s effecting his aerodynamics.