Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Get in, was messy but fun match to watch
    Emotional football. Drama. Comeback. Character. This young group need days like this. Also the supporters. The last couple of seasons with 90+ I starred to feel we expect to spank teams and the terraces don't always sound like they are up for it. Liverpool live and breathe on emotion, we are a emotional club. So I'd take days like this all the time, it's a Liverpool way or thing.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. He should be starting more games. The midfield looks a bit steadier when he's in there.
    Klopp should replace Macca in that 6 role with Endo (or play him farther forward), and also drop Nunez for Gakpo.

The game totally changed when he came in and not just because of the goal.
    Suddenly there was a player in a red shirt bothering to put in a tackle everywhere, and that might have put something in the others to put in a shift too.

I love players like that.
    Just come in and graft and don't give a toss about the score.
    Dare I say, there's something almost Milner-esque about him and I love it.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Endo for MOTM.

Comes in to clean up in the holding Midfielder role, but pulls a plot twist and drags the rest of the team back into it by the scruff of the neck with his goal.
    What s cameo. He has to start. Grav, Sz8 and Maca have to fight for the other 2 spots. Also allows always having a ace on the bench from a attacking midfield option.

Go back and read my first comment complaining about Trent.

I said the club should get a proper Right back who can defend so that Klopp can be free to play him - even start him - at midfield if that's the role he's best suited to.

Yes, he has three goals in two games and how many goals have we conceded this season that have originated or come from his wing?

You want to get the stat on that one?

His stated position (i.e. his actual job) is what?
    Defender or scoring midfielder?

And if he's not scoring, then what?
    We play with a hole in that Right back position?
    My point is, is that we have no proper RB capable of the starting XI. For better and worse it’s Trent. Klopp knows Trent at his best has to be on the field. He literally changed our entire system to accommodate his inclusion. His stated position is RB without the ball and DM with the ball. It’s far from perfect but until we have a higher quality RB or go to a back three or three/five hybrid it won’t change. We are playing better than last year when he sat only at RB.

Cheers, glad we scrapped together a win today.

The goal got Macca is a great moment for him he has had a tough start. Same for Endo. It is so awesome none of our attackers scored and yet we scored 4. We are dangerous animal. Vulnerable as well but firepower we have all over the park. We are not going to lose a lot of games. If your DM scores a worldie like that well then defenses can't low block near their box cause we have some accurate marksman around the 18.

Lot of unnecessary drama here today, we were pretty dominant giving them nothing until Kelleher's first howler, we flapped, they smelt blood, that change the entire game, Kelleher is our second keeper and howlers like kellehers affect the entire team

Hopefully we bring in Andre to further bolster our midfield in January and maybe we need to look at a top second keeper too, Kelleher's slipped backwards quite drastically since 21-22 not been anywhere close to good enough in the Europa League games either, I can't remember him making a single top save of any note in all his appearances this season and he hasn't done the basics nearly well enough, and those first 2 goals were as basic as errors come
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 3rd December 2023 at 05:18 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

we were more compact against Man-city. what annoys me is the passes long, that get cut out all the time. so easy for opposition to pick out
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Go back and read my first comment complaining about Trent.

I said the club should get a proper Right back who can defend so that Klopp can be free to play him - even start him - at midfield if that's the role he's best suited to.

Yes, he has three goals in two games and how many goals have we conceded this season that have originated or come from his wing?

You want to get the stat on that one?

His stated position (i.e. his actual job) is what?
    Defender or scoring midfielder?

And if he's not scoring, then what?
    We play with a hole in that Right back position?
    There's a bit of the Rashfords about him. Questionable effort levels and social media darlings, undoubted abilities on the ball.

The rb/6 idea is a massive weakness defensively and far too big a cost to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    My point is, is that we have no proper RB capable of the starting XI. For better and worse it’s Trent. Klopp knows Trent at his best has to be on the field. He literally changed our entire system to accommodate his inclusion. His stated position is RB without the ball and DM with the ball. It’s far from perfect but until we have a higher quality RB or go to a back three or three/five hybrid it won’t change. We are playing better than last year when he sat only at RB.

Cheers, glad we scrapped together a win today.
    Trent defensively we must also understand Klopps reliance on him offensively often means he is not in the right place when the opposition attack always retreating. But Trent gives us everything going forward his passing distribution switch of play has gone up another level. It is as good as I have ever seen. He pings with accuracy has a Scholes Pirlo like diagonal. Then as a box to box looks Gerrard like. The boy has been playing forever but is still a kid. Imagine 27+ Trent. It seems Klopp is starting to realize that he needs jom in the middle. The more and more he plays there for England is giving to make Klopps mind up. We have fantastic midfielders but Trent for me looks like the most dangerous in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    There's a bit of the Rashfords about him. Questionable effort levels and social media darlings, undoubted abilities on the ball.

The rb/6 idea is a massive weakness defensively and far too big a cost to the team.
    I don’t think there’s anything of the rashford about him. He should never have been playing at full back. He’s not even a DM. He’d have been very like gerrard had he been in midfield all along. I’m wondering is this something that has been planned and worked on long before it appeared in games and that possibly knocked him off his game defensively. He’s never been great but he at least had enthusiasm for defending as a rookie player. Looks reenergised now though to me. He’ll be a world class midfielder.