Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Fulham

The press and counter press is a long way short of where it needs to be in most games, the only game it was something like was v City, the RB/No6 hybrid is always going to cause issues with teams getting chances on the counter if your press and counter press isn't where it should be

It seems to be that the usual suspects are blaming Trent for Fulham's first goal though, I mean seriously get a grip, we defended that, WIlson was restricted to one area of the goal to aim at, Kelleher fucked up, it's so fucking tiresome
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Love the way Nunez celebrated with Klopp and Klopp pulled u Sz8. Klopp gas his mojo back. He stuck too long with his 1st group. He again has a group of boys who see him as a hero a father, they want to make him happy. They want that hug. Klopp is just the best man Manager. People want and live to play for him. He creates such an amazing environment.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Trent defensively we must also understand Klopps reliance on him offensively often means he is not in the right place when the opposition attack always retreating. But Trent gives us everything going forward his passing distribution switch of play has gone up another level. It is as good as I have ever seen. He pings with accuracy has a Scholes Pirlo like diagonal. Then as a box to box looks Gerrard like. The boy has been playing forever but is still a kid. Imagine 27+ Trent. It seems Klopp is starting to realize that he needs jom in the middle. The more and more he plays there for England is giving to make Klopps mind up. We have fantastic midfielders but Trent for me looks like the most dangerous in the middle.
    Agree totally. The gains offset the deficiencies, but it’s easier to pile on Trent when we give up goals whether or not he is directly involved. He had so many more howlers defending the far post in the past three seasons than he has had this year. Mac is a bigger defensive liability this season so far than Trent. Aside from today’s worldie, Mac is more bench worthy compared to Trent. Half the time he gets lost on defense and turns the ball over on offense.

Endo comes on shows a bit of bite, Konate cones on he is a monster in the tackle, Gakpo comes on and gets a few decisions go against him and he gets really angry (I really like the angry version !!) Endo scores and suddenly we all look more committed to the tackles all over the pitch including Salah…. the crowd noise lifts the roof off and Trent cones up with the goods… the result was never in doubt… Lol !!!

Oh yes, Nunez was 100% Nunez as he missed another couple of golden chances in the second half…. whats not to like..

Great result, great watch but certainly not good for your health, thats for sure…

Now c’mon Spurs, hows about you make it a perfect end to a perfect day…

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I don’t think there’s anything of the rashford about him. He should never have been playing at full back. He’s not even a DM. He’d have been very like gerrard had he been in midfield all along. I’m wondering is this something that has been planned and worked on long before it appeared in games and that possibly knocked him off his game defensively. He’s never been great but he at least had enthusiasm for defending as a rookie player. Looks reenergised now though to me. He’ll be a world class midfielder.
    His defensive effort 1st half was Rashfordesque, and has been for a good while.

He was a better defender when he was younger. This decline does not bode well in general even if he's moved into a Midfield role. Agree defending wasn't his strongest attribute ever.

Today at times due to this 6/rb role we have no defender at rb. Them we end up defending with Matip rb, Sobozla rcb (whose supposed to be ahead of Trent and Trent coming back to right side 6.

All fit I'd go 442/4231. Trent right back and a 4-5 man Midfield ahead of him - a double pivot and a right side midfielder. Or trent rm and 2 cfs.

Given our injuries, I'd go 343/352 with Trent at rwb/rm, with Sobozla inside him and 3 centre backs

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The press and counter press is a long way short of where it needs to be in most games, the only game it was something like was v City, the RB/No6 hybrid is always going to cause issues with teams getting chances on the counter if your press and counter press isn't where it should be

It seems to be that the usual suspects are blaming Trent for Fulham's first goal though, I mean seriously get a grip, we defended that, WIlson was restricted to one area of the goal to aim at, Kelleher fucked up, it's so fucking tiresome
    https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1729550/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2023-2024-Liverpool-Fulham

Look at the average positions by player position.

We're leaving opponent's with a rather easy 2v1 up against Matip routinely.

1st half they exploited it consistently. Neither Salah nor Nunez had a shot first half.

We got 3 points today, don't think we could have argued against any result win, loss or draw.

We attacked better second half and eventually found some finishes, the score line could very easily have ended 2-2, 2-3, 2-4, 3-3, 4-3 as it did.

Some real clangers oan this thread th'day as per usual.

Support yer team till th' end weans.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Some real clangers oan this thread th'day as per usual.

Support yer team till th' end weans.
    Why even bother coming on and commenting after the match?

easy to talk then aint it!

Clever you ehehehehe
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why even bother coming on and commenting after the match?

easy to talk then aint it!

Clever you ehehehehe
    Wis doon th' pub watchin' it wi' a few mates. That a'richt wi' you?

Much better than greetin' lik' a bairn oan 'ere aboot a 4th place battle.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Wis doon th' pub watchin' it wi' a few mates. That a'richt wi' you?

Much better than greetin' lik' a bairn oan 'ere aboot a 4th place battle.
    You have mates??? Jeeze that's almost as much of a shock as fulham scoring 3 goals against us at home.

what position will we come then? Still think 3rd/4th, we're not very good at the back
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.