Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    They congested it first half but that red card really opened it up. The two yellows were softish but made up for that ridiculous VAR pen
    We allowed them by being sloppy. We didn't shift them around well enough.

The penalty I might be wrong but for me correct decision.

The 2nd yellow maybe but stopping a counter. First half a player of theirs stopped a counter and didn't get a yellow. First one 100% correct.

I saidvthis ref is absolutely shite. Inconsistent. You don't know how he arrives at a decision. There were many incidents that I felt were fouls and he let it go. Thus allowed Palace to keep on doing it. That led to the first penalty. He was not even 2 Meyer's away and couldn't make the decision. VA correctly tells him it is a foul but goes over to the monitor. And then tries to process it still as a correct decision. Would be interesting to hear the conversation. It feels almost like VAR were telling him dude what are you trying to do, this is clear what are you on about.

By him allowing Palace a feeling if hometown ref they continue doing what they like, diving, rolling etc. That is where/why Ayew first card comes as he knows he has a ref who is not in control and then he surprises him by booking him. Twice. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Was going to say the Palace players will be on the floor after that. But let's be honest they were on the floor the whole fucking game.
    Up the mentally fucking monsters!!
    Such shithouses. Mateta another master diver.

Pity Elliott struggles to affect the game when starting as he does when coming off the bench.

Same can be said of Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Pity Elliott struggles to affect the game when starting as he does when coming off the bench.

Same can be said of Nunez
    Nunez is far more effective in the bigger games where we’ve more space. Good thing is we have loads of options to change things. Hard to pick our starting midfield really.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Mo Salah Liverpool legend. Premier League legend. Football legend. Take a bow.
    Great result, shite performance for 80mins, not quite sure why, but just cannot put a finger on why our form is so indifferent at the moment, i would have thought our gameplay would be brimming with confidence given our league position…but we look completely lacking in confidence and only start showing a bit of bite and attitude once we go behind..…

Today Gravenberch ineffective, DS is clearly off the boil, Salah like Gravenberch not posing a threat, Nunez just shocking the whole game, Diaz looks very leggy fingers crossed his injury has not cost him a yard of pace and its just a lack of confidence…

On the plus side Elliot, Gakpo and Gomez led the way for the lucky comeback….

Whilst I agree the first yellow for Ayew was cheap but thats the risk you take when you do that, the second yellow was a clear yellow, soft but its the first yellow thats the problem not the second. Ayew on a booking should know better… thats the argument that was levied against Jota but Ayew’s challenge was a clear foul, unlike Jota, and it stopped a clear counter attack so I don't understand the debate around its validity…

C’mon Villa… a draw is the preferred result, will take a Villa win, but if Arsenal win and Villa drop points, so all things considered it’s a definite win/win situation for LFC… :-)

Anither win, anither 3 points. That's 2 guid awa' wins in a row. This team kens how tae grind oot a result.

Victor 'n' th' prophets o' doom ur silenced fur another few days.

I'm not sure how long i can keep this up, I've no finger nails left, no hair and my blood pressure must be through the roof, but a win is a win !!!
    Getting there.

Yep - I am the same. Nerves Shredded with each game.

Jurgen with the perfect response to what was a fortunate win.

A fortunate win. Victor cannae bring his-sel tae praise th' team oan anither guid awa' win. That's a pathetic wey tae "support" yer club.

We'll double defo git beat neist time, wont we Victor?

“yeah I know we were Lucky as well”

Lucky - fortunate - even for knob Jockeys… I say let’s not split hair