Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Crystal Palace v Liverpool

The thing with this team there is no one player that you can say when it is messy he will inspire.

Some teams would have a big man that after a couple of skirmish it would lift the teams his physicality. Drogba is the perfect example I can think of. Others would have a striker who would take on people Henry, Ronaldo. Then you have the magicians Zidane, Nedved, Iniesta, Messi. Or wingers Giggs, Barnes, Ronaldo. Or midfield drivers Toure, Viera, Gerrard. I just feel this team lacks that individual where tou say right get him involved then we are in the game.

Mane and Firmino were those 2 players for me in our previous team. But this group as a unit very young but I don't see especially from the midfield someone that can find space, make space or run into space to rip it up. Gravenberch very raw, Szoboslai I also feel is a season away from lighting it up. Salah is suited to a faster game where there is space in behind. He is not someone that is beating the defender on the outside.

I do think Maca will be the between the line midfielder, both I forward passing and finding space. Klopp just needs to buy a defensive midfielder. Endo is okay but maybe not starter.

Get trent into midfield no point playing 4 at the back, they're just looking to hit us on the counter.

Once again we are trying to see how bad we can play and still win…. awful attitude and performance so far, just shocking…Nunez and Salah showing absolutely nothing….. our midfield are far too casual and coasting, Endo is not having a good game too slow and weak on the ball..

Palace are happy with a draw but will feel more and more confident to pinch a result the longer it stays level…

If we drop points today we will only have ourselves to blame, worryingly lacklustre 4/10 so far…

Diaz don't know. Looked dangerous when he first came but doesn't feel like he is an upgrade to our forward line. Same with Nunez. Jota of the latter 4 attackers is the better player. Salah might not be here next season. I actually think attack needs to be improved despite the number of attackers we have. Diaz, Gakpo, Nunez are not prolific. Our slow build up and sloppy football doesn't help the front players either. But overall I would say we need improvement up top.

Would you still think we hadn’t been awful if Ali’s save goes in off the post and their penalty stood?
    We’d be 2-0 down without a single effort on target, against a team with a 55% pass completion rate Sid??

We have indeed been awful

Need some of this..

I try to look at the opposition, who are giving everything,poor but willing. They are playing us really well, hustle and make it scrappy.
    Wait for our poor challenges, then mob us in the area with high free kicks, I think their best tactic.
    The Alison save was from defense being too slow back.
    Again it is too easy for us to play the ball down the wings, with nobody in the box.
    But please second half stop being offside, it helps them more than anything.
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

We can't keep playing like this. Sooner or later it's catching up with us.

Endo subbed

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Would you still think we hadn’t been awful if Ali’s save goes in off the post and their penalty stood?
    We’d be 2-0 down without a single effort on target, against a team with a 55% pass completion rate Sid??

We have indeed been awful
    Awful is being generous.