Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v ManUtd

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Szoboslai I got a bit excited after first 4 games. He is underwhelming so far this season. Besides the Villa and Newcastle games he hasn't set it alight for us. He is not careful with the ball.

Add Trent Alexander then 2 of our supposed playmakers are the 2 most wasteful players on the park.

Salah huffed so too Diaz. But not enough cutting edge danger from our front players. No guile. So predictable Diaz can't fo outside of his man. Salah can't as well. Salah is so easy too defend against you know he is going to come back inside at some time. And he is no longer able to skin people down the touch line.
    Yep agree. I feared it, everyone got excited over him but it happens often. New players start well and then wilt. He needs to get back to that again.
    Yet again a team have parked the bus and we've failed to break them down.

Only plus point was the clean sheet, the back four were our best four players. Excellent intervention late on by Trent when it looked like they were in and Ali made a save but that was it. We were focused at the back and they all did their jobs but midfield and attack, all 6 were bang average

This is a young team. They play ina very irresponsible manner. Trent as a supposes leader os thr biggest culprit.

Also we haven't addressed the issue of breaking low blocks. Szoboslai doesn't seem to be a door unlocker.

Also once we don't blow teams away players lose their heads. Gomez thought of glory instead of the team. Salah the same, Gakpo numerous occasions.

Tsimikas is not even a 3rd choice left back quality. Left Back even with Robertson needs upgrading. We actually lacking quality from out wide on both sides.

But credit to the group of getting themselves into this scenario. Let's enjoy them. Not the worst result in the world. We either going to make magic or not this season. Let's take it in.

salah is actually one of the issues in games like these.. its obvious to see. that he narrows the play when he comes in off the side..we tried to get Gomez deep on the right..but he just spends his time passing the ball back inside. you need a player to go to dead ball line and run across
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Someone earlier mentioned loaning him out next season.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea.

He's Origi'ed a little early.
    Hasn't scored a league goal since October. That's 100% not good enough in this team. I get he's a grafter and does add other things but he needs to score more goals.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Play against Arsenal like this or the last few weeks and we'll be in trouble.
    A fucking shocking performance but not untypical, we've just got away with it most of the time.
    This week needs to be partly about Jurgen mentioning we need the crowd to be right up for 90 minutes plus next Saturday.
    Arsenal crapped themselves out of a two goal lead at Anfield last year and we can get on top of them again. Their fixtures, particularly away have been nowhere near as tough on paper as ours were at the start of the season Let"s not assume the atmosphere will be that flat again.I'm close to 100% thinking it won't.
    Watch us beat them 4-3 and all the complaints will be about our defence.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What a terrible performance
    Agreed….

Defence did what they had to do, but the front 5…. oh my days nobody got over a 5…

The Utd keeper didn't have to make one challenging save, every shop was either straight at him or it was a useless limp weak effort.

Play like this against West Ham and Arsenal and we will be turned over good and proper, but to be fair we have been getting great results without performing at anything like an acceptable level, today we just didn’t pull a rabbit out of the hat….

Missed Jota as well today, he can be really good in tight games with bus parkers.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    What do we do with Darwin?
    Go back to calling him Chris.....Played like it today...

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep agree. I feared it, everyone got excited over him but it happens often. New players start well and then wilt. He needs to get back to that again.
    Yet again a team have parked the bus and we've failed to break them down.
    He needs a rest or dropping in my view. Also Endo was okayish but is not the answer. When we went to a midfield 2 with him and Trent United bypassed them too easily. He is too slow.

Overall the 3 young midfielders we have signed though we were raving that we got them, Grav, Maca, Sz8 it is maybe indicative that sides with bigger pull than us weren't in for them cause they Ll pretty much seem work in progress. Though I would love to see Maca further forward before I truly judge him as he has done well know the EPL with Brighton. So him playing as a 6 didn't help him so far.