Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v ManUtd

At least we are consistent.
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Missed Jota as well today, he can be really good in tight games with bus parkers.
    Absolutely - Gakpo, Konate, Van Dijk all had headed chances from corners and Trent pulled one from outside the box where Onana was absolutely rooted and never saving it - you wonder how many of those 4 chances Jota could have converted had he been on.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Hasn't scored a league goal since October. That's 100% not good enough in this team. I get he's a grafter and does add other things but he needs to score more goals.
    I'm starting to get a little sick and tired of that "he adds other things" refrain (I'm not knocking you, but just pointing how I feel it's worn it's course).

We used it a lot when Bobby was here, and to be fair to him he wasn't atraditional goal-scoring 9, nor did Klopp use him as such.
    And the fact that he didn't get as many goals from him as one would expect from a #9 wasn't as critical since we were getting those goals from Mo and Mane.

The problem here with Darwin and all his graft and effort is that it doesn't translate to much of any thing since we're not getting the goals we would have been from the wings - with Mo's output this season gone down and Diaz struggling to fill Mane's boots.

Which means there's more of a demand on Darwin (fairly or not) to get us those goals and be more pro-active on that front, and he's just falling short.

Listen, if I wanted a grafter at the head of my attack, I'd just stick in Endo there, or perhaps we shouldn't have let Milly leave.
    Besides which, Jota does both (when he's fit), so why should that be all we're getting from Darwin?

I've been one of his biggest supporters this season despite all the stick he seems to get and attract, but it's really really starting to wear thin, even for people like myself.

Maybe Klopp needs to go back to bringing him in off the bench and starting Gakpo instead. Although it seems Gakpo's time on the bench and coming off of it has only made him worse.

I really don't know what the solution is, but one clear thing is that we need Jota back and fast.

We're soon going to lose Mo to the Afcon in January (and Endo to the Asian Cup), and then where will our threat up front come from?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    What do we do with Darwin?
    Glue factory

Shit finishing was the key today’s. 30 odd shots (8 on target) against a garbage keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    salah is actually one of the issues in games like these.. its obvious to see. that he narrows the play when he comes in off the side..we tried to get Gomez deep on the right..but he just spends his time passing the ball back inside. you need a player to go to dead ball line and run across
    Agree. Salah is going to score 20 goals this season without having a great overall season in terms of performance. He has lost his pace but I think he has lost Mane and Bobby who I their own way made him great. Bobby who took little positions pulling in people. Floating and drifting. Similar Mane as well. Who knew to pop up as a 9 at time also played well in the half space. And could take defenders on left foot and right. Our new attackers can't create that space for Salah. Our slow build up and imanalitiy to press as a collective has also limited what Salah can feed on.

Overall besides Jota, I do not actually think we have improved or matched what the precious attack had that includes the backup of Shaqiri, Origi, Ox. Nunez seems to play like a 9 so he needs people who can pass the ball forward to him quicker. For him to spin into. I also think how we play is not benefitting the attackers strengths.

Keane trying to stir a pot that isn't there.
    Saying VVD is disrespecting and arrogant towards Utd in his interview.
    Continuing the media delusion to deflect how crap they are.We can admit were shite today. Can he even remember the last Utd goal at Anfield?

to many draws at the moment if we want to the win the league.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I'm starting to get a little sick and tired of that "he adds other things" refrain (I'm not knocking you, but just pointing how I feel it's worn it's course).

We used it a lot when Bobby was here, and to be fair to him he wasn't atraditional goal-scoring 9, nor did Klopp use him as such.
    And the fact that he didn't get as many goals from him as one would expect from a #9 wasn't as critical since we were getting those goals from Mo and Mane.

The problem here with Darwin and all his graft and effort is that it doesn't translate to much of any thing since we're not getting the goals we would have been from the wings - with Mo's output this season gone down and Diaz struggling to fill Mane's boots.

Which means there's more of a demand on Darwin (fairly or not) to get us those goals and be more pro-active on that front, and he's just falling short.

Listen, if I wanted a grafter at the head of my attack, I'd just stick in Endo there, or perhaps we shouldn't have let Milly leave.
    Besides which, Jota does both (when he's fit), so why should that be all we're getting from Darwin?

I've been one of his biggest supporters this season despite all the stick he seems to get and attract, but it's really really starting to wear thin, even for people like myself.

Maybe Klopp needs to go back to bringing him in off the bench and starting Gakpo instead. Although it seems Gakpo's time on the bench and coming off of it has only made him worse.

I really don't know what the solution is, but one clear thing is that we need Jota back and fast.

We're soon going to lose Mo to the Afcon in January (and Endo to the Asian Cup), and then where will our threat up front come from?
    Agree about Darwin. I.am starting to not like him. His heavy touch. Poor decision making. His lack of self belief. There are time he should shoot and he doesn't. There was a header today where his instinct was to assist rather than to finish. There was one where he ran into the box but cause of poor touch it bounced away to Diaz. He lacks the quality to play for us. I was no fan of Firmino in the latter years where I felt Jota had to come in ahead of him. But with Firmino his overall football was tops besides workrate. He had a midfield 10ish type of football brain and touch. So that compensated because he had 2 Ferrari running in behind the space his brain or touches created. Nunez is not the answer for us neither is Gakpo. Unless Kloppmakes up his mind and plays he as the false 9 every week so he csn show us that he scores Firmino qty goals but also brings another dimension. Diaz also he was so dangerous those first 6 months he came but he is not on Manes level and I feel is behind Jota as a threat for us.

Doing a darned lot better than Mané has without him. Frankly Sadio is shadow of what he was since he was here