Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v ManUtd

Roy Keane needs to shut the fk up..Man-united havent won the league in 12 years. and they are in a financial fucking mess.
    We will go to the top of the league if we win next weekend.. I'd rather be in our shoes than theres..
    Says it all when a team the size of Man-united have to play a low block. they are SHIT
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    would you swap a prime Mane for Luis Diaz?
    Mane doesn't get the respect he deserves. Mane was the business. Not just prime. He was always prime. We have not upgraded or improved on any of our players that have departed. That starting 11 of Ali, Trent, Robbo. VVD, Matip. Fab. HENDO. Gini, Mo, Mane, Bobby. (And the subs Ox prime, Shaq, Divock)Not 1 of our signings during or since have been better in their position at any given time than those 11 players. Klopp drives me up the wall. But he is a alchemist we will be nothing once he has gone. As the level of player we sign are only made better because of Jim. Including the much caunted 11 I mentioned now. The way he makes ordinary humans believe they can fly just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Two things.

One is to bring him on (rather than start him) in games that might be congested. Full disclosure, I did want Núñez to start today over Gakpo so I can hardly harp on about that.

Another we could try is using him on the left or right and mix the front three up a bit.

Diaz and Salah are marvellous footballers, but both like to cut inside and that does create certain issues as it allows an opposition back four to keep the gaps tighter. Núñez has the pace to burn past someone and hug the chalk, which can create a gap for a full-back or one of the 8s, whilst also freeing up another player to be the central focal point. If he isn't scoring, why not utilise his pace?

This is such a good call.
    In Diaz' case I kept getting annoyed by how much he kept trying to cut inside because after thefirst few times he did it, it became eminently predictable and the defender was always beating him to the spot because they knew that's what he was going to do.
    At least in Mo's case, he has slightly better ball control such that even if they close his path to the inside he can still hold the ball for the overlap runner for him to pass to or to try and turn for a shot.

But the spacing issues caused by the wingers constantly trying to cut inside were problematic throughout the game.
    Tsimikas isn't as good with the overlap run as Robbo is - partly because his cross inside and final ball are crap most of the time, and on the other side, Trent is just as likely to be making a run through the middle as Mo is cutting to the inside which leaves no one on the outside to be available for an outlet pass to cross into the box.
    Szobo tried to do it a couple of times, but we all saw what his touch was like today, so that was a non-starter.

I think on that wing it works better with Elliot (playing off of Mo) than with Szobo because Elliot seems to know what to do (whether to cut inside or stretch the defense by going wide), and his touch is miles better than Szobo (at the moment).

But either way, it doesn't help when they get a cross in and Darwin's first instinct - even when there's a shot on - is to try an pass it onto someone else to take the shot.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

1 semi-poor performance and knives are out 😆

A few lads here called that performance before kick off. We were fucking awful against an even worse team.
    We need to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    You're being generous with a semi 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Roy Keane needs to shut the fk up..Man-united havent won the league in 12 years. and they are in a financial fucking mess.
    We will go to the top of the league if we win next weekend.. I'd rather be in our shoes than theres..
    Says it all when a team the size of Man-united have to play a low block. they are SHIT
    Social media shows them to be the most in denial fanbase as ever in agreement with him. Also it was 31 years between their first two times as champions of Europe. Guess he's blotted that one out as he had to collect his medal on the field with his shithouseey having got a ban for the final.

They also haven't scored a goal at Anfield since our 3-1 win over their Mourinho team in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    to be fair I don't think anyone is sharpening blades, but it is understandable to gnash teeth when you come up against a very beatable side and have a limp performance in front of a surprisingly quiet Monster (numerically, for us) of a crowd when you had the chance to go top of the League and 6 clear of Man City - massive chance missed today.

The best tonic would be to beat West Ham to reach a League Cup semi-final and then to go and beat Arsenal so we can be top of the League again.

Much of the annoyance comes from the missed chance - in theory we go into that Arsenal game knowing that a win might take us 4 points clear at the top after nearly half a season played - instead we are "in the mix" again with further doubts about a couple of individuals.

Nunez should have come off, but its baffling from the manager.. He takes off Nunez then shifts Trent into the midfield he then plays the ball long. To who? who is tall enough?? Im sick of players being protected..Trent was the best right back going forward in the league and we needed crosses from the right hand side. everything was in front of them today. so easy to defend against. trying to get a camel through the eye of a needle.
    I would have brought on Elliot much earlier as well. sick of the performance this afternoon. hate giving them any point..I wouldn't give the shit on my shoe to them
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century