Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Salah, Version II

Salah, Version II

Do we have to accept that the “ flying down the wing Salah leaving defenders for dead “ is no more…

Rarely this season, have I seen him burn up defenders with ease, tbh it all looks a bit of a struggle for him right now, and as a result in truth, despite his numbers, he is actually posing much less of a threat for defences than he once did.

So do we need to see Salah do what Shearer had too do when he too lost his blistering pace and by that I mean move into a more traditional No 9 / 10 position, leaving the hard yards to be carried out by the likes of Diaz, Gakpo and Nunez, especially now, given the real struggles Nunez is having in front of goal…

This tweak imho would allow, Version II of Salah, the opportunity to use his, power, touch and vision in a more central position, whilst allowing our other strikers the opportunity to actually pivot around him…. rather than looking to him to perform miracles in every game.

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction to tonights shocking team performance, but more to do with his noticeable lessening threat on the wing with each passing game.

Thoughts ?

He has a beautifully weighted through-ball on him that we don't get to see often enough.

He could potentially make a wonderful no. 10 but I don't envisage us playing with one.

Probably gone in summer, and we need to find goals because without salah we're goaless, it shows when he's not on it
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Great OP . Have spoken to mates for a few months along the same lines. Love Mo , but as with all of us things change. His vision is superb, as is his skill in tight confines. He can also tackle terrier like if called upon . I’ m sure the Oilies will come in again but Salah is happy here, I assume his family are also. Money is not his motivation but I’m sure it would extend his philanthropic generosity. I think he wants silver/ cups. He can be frustrating , tonight was not his best …..but when he is Wow!. Hope we can keep him in whatever position he wants . ( kelleher May become #3 )

Yes - good thread. And with the legs inevitably slowing down this could be the best way to utilise what is still our most potent threat.

Mohamed Salah finishes 2023 with the MOST Assists (15) out of anyone in Europe’s top 5 leagues.

He is also the only player to have registered 15+ goals and assists this year.

Salah is incredible. Even whin he doesn't look at his best he's contributing goals 'n' assists.

He's goin' tae be yin tough player tae replace.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Salah is incredible. Even whin he doesn't look at his best he's contributing goals 'n' assists.

Of that there is no doubt, Salah’s numbers are as you say incredible, but I do think that what we are seeing is the final knockings of his significant influence from the wing, but hey ho if he continues to prove me wrong, I will be delighted…

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post

He's probably irreplaceable.
    He's underappreciated by everyone and he'll be a huge miss. Hopefully we get atleast another year or so from him.

Just read on the BBC website that we're unbeaten in all 10 premier league games that Salah has missed since he signed in 2017.

Unbelievable to think that's all he's missed!

Never injured, always gives 100% and remains are most potent goal threat from day one to now. Club legend Mo Salah!